“So happy we found this”
Review of Casablanca Cafe

Casablanca Cafe
Ranked #35 of 1,191 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central Beach
Description: American Restaurant & Piano Bar featuring Seafood, Steaks, Salads, Happy Hour Small Plates. Follow us on Instagram @casablancacafefortlauderdale
Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

Staying in Fort Lauderdale and not familiar with restaurant offerings. Took a chance on Casablanca because of online menu and location. Food was absolutely fantastic and more than we could eat. Our server Sam made our evening. SO knowledgeable not only about the food but she made excellent wine recommendations. All of our meals were slightly tailored to our requests which made each one special. Sam is one of those special people who doesn’t write anything down and all of our orders were correct. Super service.
Make sure to explore the restaurant inside and upstairs. Unusual and fun. Thanks Sam!

2  Thank Storyteller140697
Casablanca Cafe, Marketing at Casablanca Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Thanks! We appreciate this wonderful review and have shared with Sam! Hope to see you again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (5,130)

Reviewed 5 December 2020

I really want to love this restaurant because it is about a mile and 1/2 from my house with a view of the ocean and lovely ambiance. However, I have yet to have a decent meal here. Tonight was the third time I tried this restaurant. My husband and I were walking to El Vez at the W Hotel and instead decided to try Cafe Casablanca again. The service from our waiter was possibly the worst service we've had in a while. He did not greet us, did not say hello, did not ask if we wanted an appetizer. He was the heavier set, tall gentleman that waited on us. His first words to us at the table were "yeah" as though he was doing us a favor by taking our order. It was very strange. So I ordered the Mahi with crab meat and my husband ordered a salad and onion soup. I am from Florida and I know it is hard to get a decent fish dinner at restaurants as they seem to use frozen fish. So it did not surprise me that the fish was dry and chewy. Fish should not be dry and chewy, it should be moist and fall apart. The flavor of the meal was bland. My husband said he liked his salad but it had a little too much garlic and he said his soup was ok. I really wanted to like this restaurant but unfortunately I feel we probably won't be back. However, I do hope the owners, The Restaurant People (TRP) and the manager, David Townsend, do try to improve the service and menu. This restaurant really could be a diamond in the sand with a little bit of TLC and pride.

Date of visit: December 2020
Kevin Shipe, Manager at Casablanca Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2020

I would like to first offer our sincerest apology to you and your husband. Your review exposed several flaws about our operation on that night. I want thank you for taking the time to bring these inadequacies to light. Clearly, we fell short of delivering the best expression of what we stand for. We immediately addressed the inadequate functions mentioned in your review.
We are sincerely apologetic but, also thankful for you sharing your experience. We invite you to join us again. It would be our honor to make up for your prior experience. Please contact me via E-mail to arrange a time and date to give us the opportunity to make it right.

With Sincerity,
Kevin Shipe
Kshipe@CasablancaCafeOnline.com

Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

We went on 11/12/2020 and the outside dining area was full so we sat inside and there was just a mom and her infant son sitting indoors. We were fine with the social distancing. The staff was friendly and wore their masks the right way, over their nose.

The food was delicious. I had the shrimp scampi and my friend had the special. I order sautéed spinach and everything was perfect including the tropical mule.

Reviewed 1 December 2020

I travel to Fort Lauderdale from Maryland usually twice a year for the past 10 years.
We make our first and sometimes second dinner here. It has been great until this one time. 3 days ago, we made our stop there since we were in town. Food was terrible.
Both me and the wife could not eat the seafood dish we ordered. Paid the bill which was more then $100, and went to some joint 4 blocks down the road and ate again.
Extremely disappointed this time, and probably will never go back.

Date of visit: November 2020
casablancafe, General Manager at Casablanca Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2020

Hi Pat - I apologize and I have shared this with our owners and managers. There is no excuse for food that is not prepared to your liking. We are always happy to change a dish and do everything to make things right. Could you contact our manager Greg Rowley at 954.764.3500 or via email at GRowley@casablancacafeonline.com. Thanks!

Reviewed 29 November 2020

Felt like a light meal and decided to take a short walk down to Casablanca Cafe from Marriott Beach Place Towers. We ate outside on the front porch. Ordered the french onion soup and a Greek salad. Neither one disappointed. Soup was very good and not too salty. The salad came with fresh hummus and pita bread. It was large enough for two! Also, Jamie, our waiter, was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Highly recommend this restaurant when visiting Fort Lauderdale.

Date of visit: November 2020