1,330 results
All reviews across the street front desk german restaurant hi express shuttle service free shuttle room was clean big lots next morning free breakfast winn dixie strip mall one night stay lauderdale airport an early flight would stay here again liquor store
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I came into town early to by pass hurricane Florence so we didn’t miss our cruise. When we travel, we normally stay at IHG properties as they have the amenities we are looking for. So when makings this reservation, I found the Holliday Inn Express (HIE) located at 1150 state road 84 in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I pulled this property up using google map prior to calling. The pictures listed when you are directed to the website were typical of any HIE. There were some good and some bad reviews. As with any hotel I expect to see good and bad review. I read each of them and decided on booking. When I called the booking agent, I was getting prices much higher than the internet. So I asked the guy why can’t you just match the internet price?? He finally did. Only to realize the price you are given does not include the taxes and high fees. I asked about the airport shuttle and was told I needed to contact the hotel directly.
I called the hotel and asked about the airport shuttle. The gentleman took my name, airline and arrival time and said the shuttle would be there!
Arrival day!! The first day of a long over due vacation! First, I get off the airplane only to find no shuttle. Called the hotel, was told it would be 20-30 min. I told her I called several days ago to set this up. She said “we don’t make appointments”. Then why bother to take down my information! So the van finally arrives,load up our stuff and oh my got!!!! Make sure you were a seat belt. The driver was on the phone (not hands free) for most of the drive. He was driving was terrifying!
When we arrived at the hotel, it was then I realized it was under a MAJOR RENOVATION! Why weren’t we told this when we made the renovation??? I would not have stayed here! We were met by very rude guest staff after waiting for 10 minutes and being ignored.
We headed to our room realized that there is very little to NO air conditioning in the hallway. We enter our hot room(88) and immediately turn the AC down.
I have to say, the renovations are less than impressive. You can tell that this was a fast renovation as attention to detail is truly missing. First, remove the painters tape from the back of the door. Really! Second, if you are looking for a tub... you won’t find one here! The bathrooms have shower stalls only!
The quality of Workmanship is very poor. Missing caulk, bad batch jobs, and dirty. If your going to install a floating vanity. Clean under it!!! I have to say, after one night I am truly disappointed in this proper and the Holiday Inn Express brand. It is hot (78) in the room after trying to cool it down all night.
This makes for a miserable night sleeping!
So when you finally fall asleep the jack hammering and hammering started at 7 am!!! So much for sleeping in and relaxing on my vacation.

1  Thank S R
CaringManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at our property. First of all, please accept our sincere apologies, as we were very disappointed to read that we failed to create a wow experience. Our goal is to make each guests visit memorable and rest assured your comments will be reviewed with our management team. We do hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you our true hospitality

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love this hotel we always stay there when we come into ft lauderdale. They are always so helpful and great. Rooms are alway super clean and nice. This time when we came in somehow our reservation was accidentally cancelled and they still found a room for us. They were great!

2  Thank Danielle R

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at our hotel, we realize you could have stayed at another hotel. But our staff is the best, and we appreciate our guests so much and go out of our way to make every person feels welcome and at home. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our flight was canceled and we end In This hotel the in the pictures looks beautiful but when we arrive we when thru the back door all the lobby was under construction it was absolutely horrible , if I will know this I will not stay here, the bed make a squeaky noice and the morning breakfast was lousy.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marta P

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great location near airport and cruise port free shuttle to both, friendly staff and easy check in room was clean and modern, beds were very comfortable room had a mini refrigerator and microwave the bathroom was very large with plenty of counter space I will definitely stay here on my next cruise

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
CaringManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for only one night after a long drive for Orlando.. The room was more than I expected. The gentleman at the front desk was veey friendly and helpful. We will definitely go back next year

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
CaringManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018