Royal Palms Resort & Spa
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$259
US$223
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$98
Official Site
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$98
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$139
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
US$145
US$399
US$299
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Pineapple Point Guest House and Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
All reviewswilton manorsguest housesouth beachtwo blockshousekeeping staffpoolslauderdaleftpropertiesfloridacruise
Reviewed 23 October 2017

we had one of the pools to ourselves i think because it was the shoulder season..ac was cold..bar at the pool was awesome..great location..walk to the beach..updated rooms..nice staff...it was just a really easy pleasant experience

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank lusilton
csposa, General Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for the kind words lusilton. We’re glad to hear that your experience with us exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

When I checked into my room, there was a definite smell of mold/mustiness in the air. It was also very humid in the room. I am from Orlando, so I know what it is like to be humid, but this was too much. I inspected the air conditioning unit and saw that there was black mold all over the housing of the unit. The picture I included in this review is after I CLEANED IT! I could not get all of it off and even removed the housing to find that there was standing water around the condensing unit. So long story short is that the unit is not being maintained and I am surprised that staff did not know about this. The mold smell was so bad that I checked out one day early and returned home, so I forfeited the last night. Also, I have to say that when I was checking in, the front office staff were just RUDE! Not to me, but to another person trying to get a room. There were three people at the time, and they all just did not know how to say "we don't have a room" in a nice way. They all seemed to say it in a condescending manner...so given this, I just didn't want to deal with the room problems. Finally, I asked them to refund 1 night of parking. That didn't happen. This is ironic because it is my last time I am using Expedia since I have had so many problems in the last couple of months with them not refunding fees for hurricane cancellations. So this is just the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us mckeem11. The concerns you’ve listed have been documented for further review. I understand why you would be disappointed with your experience. At NBV we pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations, and look to keep this standard moving forward. Therefore, in the future we will do everything we can to prevent such issues from arising. I hope that you consider us for your future travel needs.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I was happy to find a great deal on a place that was rated decently high. I didn't expect things to be perfect, but I did think it would be an 8/10 like it was rated. The only good thing was the beds were comfortable, and I got a good night sleep the three days we stayed there. We were in the back by the 2nd pool. We didn't use it because the entire time it had a lot of dirt in the bottom of the pool. The front pool seemed a LITTLE cleaner. They advertise a great gym. I went to use it for a run and had to leave. The one treadmill they had was unplugged, and I didn't even bother to try to plug it in to see if it worked because the belt was covered in dirt. The rest of the area was small, and nothing was maintained well enough to be used and overall looked dirty and disorganized. We only saw a person that was at the bar once while we were there. If it was opened, it was not very often or long. I'm not sure if they were actually serving food, but it did not seem as if they did. Maybe they don't at certain times during the year, but there was nothing noted otherwise. The room was not any better. I had a musty smell that you noticed every time you went into the room. It wasn't very cool, so when I went to turn up the air, it showed it needed the filter changed, so I'm not surprised. The walls, at least in the bathroom, were dirty. There was hair on them and didn't seem to be whipped down in a long time. The floors seemed like it had been awhile since it was mopped. We took our shoes off as soon as we arrived. Shortly after, we noticed that our socks were really dirty. Finally, I left some slipper socks on my bed before leaving on day. Housekeeping came in while we were gone and they were missing after that. I hate to accuse someone of removing them, but even my friend said she definitely saw them there before we left. We even searched the room from top to bottom and in our suitcased just in case we were crazy and both were wrong. Including after we were home and unpacked. What's up with that?!

Stayed: September 2017

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. The concerns you’ve listed have been documented for further review. I understand why you would be disappointed with your experience. At NBV we pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations, and look to keep this standard moving forward. Therefore, in the future we will do everything we can to prevent such issues from arising. I hope that you consider us for your future travel needs

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Royal Palm Resort and Spa and found it very disappointing and potentially unsafe. We arrived on a Wednesday night at 10:00PM. Parking was extremely limited and we were fortunate to get the last spot on the road next to the building. We had just flown in from England and were anxious to get to our room quickly. Unfortunately the check in process was very lengthy in spite of pre-booking and pre-paying. The one and only very friendly check in person finally had us checked in and explained that their wifi was not working and then took us to our assigned room and opened the door with our card key. To our surprise the room was occupied! The occupants of the room were equally surprised to have their room intruded late at night. To make it worse, the check in clerk told us this has happened more than once and that their system can show a room that is occupied as being available.
We were assigned a new room which was unoccupied. The check in person turned on the TV to make sure it worked. After he left we double locked the room and tried changing channels. It turns out there was only one channel available... C-Span in Spanish. We were too tired to want to change rooms again.
The next morning we were looking forward to a cup of coffee. There was only one issue, although there was a coffee maker, there were no cups. I went to the check in area at 7:30AM to get cups but it was locked with no one in sight.
To round out the whole experience, the hooks to hang towels in the bathroom were broken off and the soap dispenser was torn off the shower. They did provide a hotel bar of soap and two tubes of shower gel. Also the pool by our room had leaves, sand and a screwdriver! On the bottom.
When I checked out the office was attended and the friendly person asked how our stay was. I said "not good" and recounted all I have written here. He was apologetic but his only offer of restitution was to say that if we came back he would give us a 10% discount. I told him I would never come back. I would recommend that all readers of this review save themselves the disappointment and not stay at the Royal Palms Resort & Spa.
Regards,
Bob J

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank robertjL2248IL
csposa, General Manager at Royal Palms Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hello Robert, we greatly appreciate the feedback during you stay. It saddens me to hear that your experience with us was sub par. I have made sure to document everything listed so that our team can begin to mend these concerns. I completely understand your frustration with the situation and would like to reassure you that we will be improving upon these factors moving forward. We appreciate you booking with us and would hope to have a second chance of giving you superior service in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

It's an interesting place because it's got a very modern and new vibe to it, but it doesn't quite have the staff attention needed to set it apart. The staff is very friendly and helpful, to be clear, just that the pools are extremely dirty (visibly so) and maid service to the room is inconsistent unless you specifically request them to tend to the room. Again, I don't want to harp on negatives, the bar area is well designed and has multiple pools which is cool, too. Overall it's a solid 3.5-4 out of 5 stars but if they took a little more attention to details it could easily be a 5, with the potential that is there. The rooms are well appointed with silverware and cooking supplies, modest, but the room setup can definitely save you hundreds of dollars if you're on a budget because you don't have to eat at restaurants the whole time. It's walking distance to many clubs and of course, most importantly, the beach. Right now it's in the middle of a not so scenic construction zone, but given some time that will clear up.

Room Tip: With the construction going on currently, there are no "good rooms". Just select the size you need.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the terrific feedback Trevor! I have documented the recommendations you've listed for our staff to review further. It makes us happy to hear that your time with us was memorable. Come back soon for another stay :)