We stayed at the Rodeway before and after a cruise. Our rooms were dated but ok - they were clean and that is what truly matters. we stayed in a room beside the pool on the groundfloor before the cruise and after we stayed looking towards the pool on the second floor. The outdoor pool was refreshing and clean - took me a little to figure out how to open the gate.
One note - I reserved through a third party - and we had a 2 night stay for the after cruise time. Somehow their system did not acknowledge the second night. When we came back from our full day everglades tour (even though we had a shuttle reserved for 6 am the next day - I had a grumpy housekeeper and an extra charge for "leaving our bags in the room!" The hotel reversed the charges (I haven't checked to see what fees my credit card may add - and offered a drink at the bar, but I was made to bring my info to the front desk and made to feel like I wasn't a treasured guest. Then when I asked for a print out to prove the charges were reversed the following morning - it felt like I was the problem (I had never collected the free drink as I was exhausted). I remained calm and cheerful - as I tend to do in situations like these - but it was uncomfortable and if I had a temper - it would have flown. I should have been apologized to both times after I proved I had paid.
So if you pay for the room by third party - ensure you have all the dates clear when you check in. I had assumed arranging the shuttle to the airport on the second am would have triggered questions when I first checked in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel near Port Everglades Cruise Port & Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Your stay includes free breakfast and high speed Wi-Fi internet with on-site family restaurant, bar & grill. We also offer Park & Cruise Fly and Day Stay Packages with free shuttle. We offer tours and transportation to the world-famous Sawgrass Mills mall, Fort Lauderdale beaches, Hollywood beaches, Everglades Tours, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Sun Life Stadium; home of the Miami Dolphins; and Las Olas Riverfront featuring a variety of restaurants, boutiques, bars and entertainment. The hotel features renovated rooms and beautiful gardens and landscaping. This Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel offers shuttle service to and from the following locations: Free shuttle to and from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Free shuttle to and from Port Everglades Cruise Port, early pre-board availableo We also can arrange for private shuttles for family and early boarding at the cruise port. Free shuttle to and from Broward Convention Center. Shuttle service to and from Miami Cruise Ports (charge). Shuttle service to and from Miami International Airport (MIA) (charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn And Suites Airport/Cruise Port
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Airport
- Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Rodeway Inn