1,106 results
All reviews free shuttle cruise port attached restaurant free breakfast hard boiled eggs late flight would stay here again yogurt an older hotel fort lauderdale airport nice pool izzy ship ft seas miami marina
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We stayed at the Rodeway before and after a cruise. Our rooms were dated but ok - they were clean and that is what truly matters. we stayed in a room beside the pool on the groundfloor before the cruise and after we stayed looking towards the pool on the second floor. The outdoor pool was refreshing and clean - took me a little to figure out how to open the gate.
One note - I reserved through a third party - and we had a 2 night stay for the after cruise time. Somehow their system did not acknowledge the second night. When we came back from our full day everglades tour (even though we had a shuttle reserved for 6 am the next day - I had a grumpy housekeeper and an extra charge for "leaving our bags in the room!" The hotel reversed the charges (I haven't checked to see what fees my credit card may add - and offered a drink at the bar, but I was made to bring my info to the front desk and made to feel like I wasn't a treasured guest. Then when I asked for a print out to prove the charges were reversed the following morning - it felt like I was the problem (I had never collected the free drink as I was exhausted). I remained calm and cheerful - as I tend to do in situations like these - but it was uncomfortable and if I had a temper - it would have flown. I should have been apologized to both times after I proved I had paid.
So if you pay for the room by third party - ensure you have all the dates clear when you check in. I had assumed arranging the shuttle to the airport on the second am would have triggered questions when I first checked in.

Room Tip: I think the shower was far better on the first floor. We stayed in 2205 on the second floor, can't remember the # on the first.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ChikafromCanada
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Our worst stay ever in USA.We had US friends to book the hotel for us, they first booked one night for all of us, and since our airline change our flight schedule, they booked another night. It took us 1 hour to check in and we got a room that was noisy due to renovating of other rooms, and the walls were so thin that you could hear people snoring and talking on the phone in the next room. Then we had to check out ! even though we had our reservation for one more night. And we couldn't get our room early only if we paid 22 dollars!! Together with our friends we then used in total 2 hours to check in again, and it turned out that our friends got our old room! The breakfast is poor and hardly worth trying, not even the coffee!! the only thing that worked was the shuttle service - that was perfect - however, be sure to make your reservation at once you are there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
izzy f, BOOK DIRECT at Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Never EVER Book through a 3rd party. I totally understand you wrote this out of frustration due to a simple miss understanding with your Booking. You book your HOTEL stay through a 3rd party web site why I don’t know they authorize your credit card at the time of booking. ALWAYS BOOK DIRECT. We are one of the only HOTELs to offer our guest early check-in from 10am, Late Check out till 6pm and our DAY ROOM DAY STAY for a nominal fee. Most HOTEL it wait in the lobby till 3pm get out of the room by 11am with nothing to do. We offer complementary luggage storage and use of the facilities like the pool, restaurant and bar while you wait. You are not required to pay for any service you do not want to use. What make us great is for the value of a quality room you get super Location next to the port, great service, onsite restaurants, bar & grill and transportation with many great amenities.
We encourage our guests to contact any member of our staff, or HOTEL management during your stay should you need additional services, amenities or if we overlooked anything to correct it ASAP

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We stayed at this hotel a couple days after our cruise in order to save on airfare which was outrageous because of the Thanksgiving holiday. We booked through Expedia and the fare was very reasonable. This hotel does offer free shuttles to/from your ship or to/from the FLL airport which is why we chose it. We called them from the cruise port and they picked us up pretty quickly, but had to wait for others which was fine. When we arrived at the hotel, they apparently had shuttles going out and it was crazy in the lobby. The checking in process was very long and we had to show our paperwork from Expedia. I'm guessing their computers are not very fast and not linked up with Expedia. It was very hard to hear because of the announcer for the shuttles was so loud which didn't help.

It's an average hotel and our room overlooked the swimming pool. It's definitely not soundproof so earplugs are in order. They woke us up with the loud PA both mornings. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable with lots of great pillows. Room featured a one-piece remote for the TV along with a antibacterial wipe. Refrigerator, microwave, hot pot, hair dryer and ironing board included. Free WiFi, too.

The swimming pool is your plain oblong pool and it has depth to it. The water was so warm you could get in quickly without being shocked. The property has some nice features like those large boards you can stick your head in the ovals for souvenir pictures. Also had a VERY large andirondack chair along side a regular and baby one which was cute.

The free continental breakfast was nice. You could make your own waffles which were delicious, but the place was extremely crowded our first morning with the cruisers. Second morning wasn't as bad. A very nice Santa visited us there which was a nice touch.

A number of people raved about the bar/restaurant, but our service and food was sub-par. We couldn't get anyone to wait on us the first time and, when I complained about the unedible french fries, no one really cared. We went a second time and the service person was much better, but we still didn't think the food was that great. There is another hotel with a restaurant next door. We will walk next door if we stay here again.

They do have a gift shop onsite along with the food/beverage items available in the lobby. We also were able to print out our boarding passes for our flight home as they have two computers for your use.

We would stay here again as it is clean and very economical.

Room Tip: Take earplugs.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lamkitty
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Had stayed here before and feel the same way. Nice, basic and clean place to spend an evening before leaving for our cruise. Workers were all nice and helpful. Rooms are basic but clean and everything worked. Free breakfast was a little disappointing with the selection and quality of items but certainly didn't book this place for that. Got exactly what we wanted for the price. Would advise anyone to stay here if looking for a good deal on a clean room and nice facility for an evening.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Offers free shuttle to from port or airport. Rooms spacious beds very firm. Refrigerator and microwave in each room with small flat screen tv. Great wifi and free. Free continental breakfast on this visit santa joined us. There is adjacent bar food for lunch dinner. They have a little gift shop a must see. Nice landscape in back. Funny pool hours but no one reads. If have early red eye flights have to get transport. Prices not too bad for area. Can generally get for under 100 night if shop around. Appears to be a family run place. They are always working on something but no noise heard. Elevator outside. Rooms entered from outside. Generally attracts middle to older travelers so the property is quiet.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple