Soleado Hotel
US$104
US$134
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Riverside Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$129
US$114
US$109
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
Official Site
  • Pool
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$98
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
US$144
Marriott Hotels
US$383
US$299
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbeach chairssnack basketliving roombarbecue areagas grillwalk in closetcorner apartmentbonnet house museumapartment styleoffice doortwo blockswelcome giftmin walk to the beachworked perfectlywell equipped kitchencan't beat the locationnice pool
Reviewed 10 May 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Soleado Hotel from January 7, to March 29, 2017. We selected this hotel because it was completely renovated and for it's location; one block from the beach, A1A-Ocean Blvd. Excellent location. Manager(s), Silvia, Andres, and cleaning attendants were fantastic. Our selected, one bedroom suite was spacious, consisting with living room, dining area, kitchen facilities, full refrigerator, 2 burning stove tops, micro oven, dishes and utensils, 2 flat tv screens, cable, and wi-fi. Also, for our unexpected visiting guest, a pull-out sofa. The decor was bright and cheerful with modern furniture. The grounds and suites were meticulous. There is a large pool and a bbq area for your enjoyment. We just loved this place! What a gem! We have vacationed in Ft. Lauderdale for over 40 years, check this this place out, you would love it too!! We will certainly be returning to the Soleado Hotel on our next Florida vacation 2018.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank annemittermeier
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Can only recommend this hotel. Great rooms. Nice pool. 1 min walk to the beach. The owners are very nice and helpful! The only upset was that the AC is pretty noisy but after a couple of hours you get used to it! Will definitely stay here again! Thank you!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017

My wife and I stayed in room 101 and it was fantastic! Silvia and Andres were wonderful hosts. In fact we had checked out to fly home and found out our flight had been canceled. I contacted Silvia and she made accommodations for us immediately. We will definitely be back and I would encourage you to give it a try.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Wonderful hotel. We had room 101, which is a downstairs, corner apartment. The apartment was impeccably clean, and was clearly well cared for. With the exception of the air conditioners, noise was not an issue. Even though the AC was loud, it didn't bother us. We had no issues with people walking past the apartment as was mentioned in other posts. The complementary snacks, beach chairs, and towels were greatly appreciated. The only issue we had was that the tap water had a slight rust color. I showed this to the owner, and he said he would look into it. I note, though, that on the next block, a luxury apartment building is under construction. The heavy equipment in use on the streets to construct this building may be the cause for the water issue at the Soleado.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I chose the Soleado based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and elsewhere. We prefer small places like the Soleado. It was even better than I expected. We were greeted by Silvia, the hotel manager that lives on the property with her husband, Andres. She walked us to our room and helped carry our luggage. She showed us our apartment which was spotless and beautifully decorated. We stayed here pre cruise for five nights and post cruise for three nights.

We used Uber to go to Publix grocery store about 1.5 miles away...$4 each way. We bought groceries and cooked steaks, chicken and turkey breasts and vegetables on the gas grill. We were able to cook on the two burner stove top in kitchen to make rice and potatoes. There is a frying pan which we used to make eggs. Toaster, four cup coffee maker and microwave too. I brought my own coffee and there were no coffee filters. There is a roll of paper towels and I used a towel tocreate a coffee filter. I also took sugar, salt, pepper and dry seasonings and used it all! They have two large picnic tables by the grill as well as tablecloths and grilling utensils. Good lighting to sit and eat in that area after dark.

We also used Uber to go to and from the cruise port and to the airport. Only about $12 each way. We also used Uber to go to the Southport Raw Bar to meet some friends....that was $18.

We used the beach chairs in room and went to the beach a couple times. The beach is very nice and not crowded.

The location of Soleado is great. Many nice older two story hotels nearby. The property is very relaxing. Beautiful palm trees and landscaping. They play nice music during the day, The pool is kept very clean and I saw a pool service come twice while we were there. Most rooms have a couple chairs outside the room to sit and relax. We were on the first floor by the officer and we did not have chairs but there were two nice seating areas by the office with a love seat, two chairs and coffee table. There are also three or four seating areas in the pool area. I liked that there was always a place to find shade to get out of the sun when we got too hot.

A previous reviewer complained about the office not being staffed from 9 to 9 as indicated on the office door. There are probably 12 or 13 apartments. Once everyone is checked in, there's not a lot of reason to be open 12 hours a day! Having stayed there 8 days, the office was closed a few times but not for long... maybe 30 minutes. One day Silvia came back with cases of water, juice and snacks (cheezits, Oreos, Lorna Doones, potato chips, coffee) which are for snack baskets in your room. A nice touch!

As previous reviewers stated, the wifi was slow some of the time and yes, the air conditioner is loud but did not prevent us from sleeping. The air conditioner worked well but it is one thing I wish they would change.

Silvia will make any arrangements you need....taxi, pick up for area attractions, she was a perfect host. She offered to give me oil for cooking, she even kept a few of my groceries for when we returned from cruise. She also loaned me a different size saucepan than what was in the room. This won't happen with a big name hotel! I need a soft pillow because of a neck injury and Sylvia personally sought a pillow which was perfect.

The Bonnet House Museum is just a block from hotel....a 35 acre space full of beautiful tropical vegetation, gardens and beautiful buildings. Pay for the tour.....very educational. Another day Silvia's husband, Andres, drove us about a mile to the closest water taxi stop. We literally spent 8 hours hopping on and off water taxi. A great experience.

There were many restaurants within a 5 to 10 minute walk. A Galleria mall is about 1.5 miles but not much shopping close by. Many couples were walking at night and many people running and walking for exercise. It seemed very safe.

My husband and I agreed we could have easily spent a couple of months living in an apartment at the Soleado. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple