“Grand One Bedroom Suite was.....GRAND!!!!!”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This was our 9th stay at our "home away from home" and for the first time stayed in a Grand One Bedroom Suite, room 610. The Suite provided a small, but full kitchen (no island), 4 person dining room table, spacious living room with sofa bed and side chair, full washer and dryer, spacious king bedroom with desk, and a very large bathroom with private toilet. The Suite provided a quiet, relaxing retreat for our family of three. It was truly wonderful! I encourage other guests to book this room...just look at the pictures attached to this review to see why!

While the layout was very different from the traditional one bedroom we normally stay in, the star of the suite is the MASSIVE terrace; it could have easily accommodated 30 people! The terrace overlooked the pool looking down, the intracoastal waterway to the left and the ocean to the right. While the terrace is not completely private (it is separated by a short glass wall with the adjoining room), we did not experience any noise issues from neighboring guests. The terrace offered a sun lounger, table & four chairs, a bench & table, and two side chairs. It was a wonderful place to stretch out and read, relax, and take a nap, and also a pleasant space to enjoy dinner in the evenings. And the view was so beautiful, especially as the sun was setting each evening.

We stayed a full week and had a wonderful, relaxing experience. David Fernandez, General Manager and his team are fabulous at taking care of their guests and this stay was no exception. We always look forward to our time at the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale/Il Lugano and can't wait for our next stay! We hope to stay in a Grand One Bedroom Suite on our next visit :)

Room Tip: Grand One-Bedroom Suites are worth the splurge!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingThruEurope
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We found this hotel after we lost power at our house following Hurricane Irma. With two young boys the rooms with a separate bedroom was great. The kitchen with a full size refrigerator held the food we brought with us. The washer and dryer in the unit was used throughout the day cleaning items we brought with us. We all enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was very good. Staff was very attentive and addressed any items we brought up. We walked to the beach each day (a very short walk) and our boys played in the ocean. There a number of nice restaurants adjacent to the hotel
as well as wine or jazz bars and other options. One could try something new for two weeks without a repeat. Our room faced east with a large balcony presenting gorgeous ocean views. Most important to us was this was a pet friendly hotel. We could not leave our dog at home in the heat. We look forward to staying here again and would recommend it to our friends. To all the employees who worked extremely hard to make our stay enjoyable while dealing with hurricane aftermath on their off time, a huge thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob G
HotelManager3333, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

After dealing with such a tragic storm like Irma, we are delighted were able to make your life a little easier. I was delighted after reading your review and I was quite proud of our team. I will share your comments with the rest of the crew. Thank you for your business and for your kind remarks. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Intracoadtal for 6 weeks while my wife recovered from major surgery. It was a wonderful stay. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are the most well appointed Residence Inn rooms I have ever seen- including in-room washer/dryer and full balcony with nice views. The neighborhood is great with anything imaginable within easy walking distance including restaurants, supermarket, drug stores, coffee shops, etc. And finally the staff- couldn't have asked for nicer, more accommodating and efficient people. They were so caring with my wife who was pretty impaired and me addressing every question and extra request cheerfully and promptly. They also did such nice things like presenting an hors d'oevres plate upon arrival and champagne for our wedding anniversary. Just really nice people all the time every time.

We had an accessible room and it was great- very comfortable and seamless for her to navigate as she recovered from back surgery.

I'd like to recognize the Asst General Manager Michelle Silvia, General Manager David Fernandez, front desk team: Ashley, Petula, Kelly, Catherine, Dene, Kristen, Steve and Hilton; the bartenders Carol and Kristina; valets Ryan, Marco, John, Hector, David and Valdo, breakfast team Wendy and Schella and of course Chef Mark and Ricky for the really delicious food in the restaurant.

I'd love to stay here again and recommend it enthusiastically to anyone traveling to Ft. Lauderdale.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your outstanding 5-star review. We are certainly proud of our associates. Our staff truly cares about our guests and it obviously shows with your recent stay. We will share your positive praises with each of the team members that you mentioned. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels throughout your business journey.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. I found a few cons but nothing major. The ceiling fan didn't work, one of the lamps didn't work, and there was a hair on a towel. You can hear doors closing from the other rooms but that was as loud as it got (besides the street noise that went away when the sliding door was closed). I didn't pay the $18/daily for parking, I made sure to pay the meter throughout my stay which turned out to be cheaper. The ocean view is partially obstructed and its mostly of the parking lot but from where the bed was located, it was perfectly fine and being able to see my vehicle when I wanted was a plus. Breakfast was okay, I didnt expect more than the usual bread, waffles, and oatmeal anyways. Getting to the pool wasn't as easy as I thought due to construction but you just have to be careful not to misstep on the way there. I found the jacuzzi to feel a bit slimy but the pool was very clean. Check-in was easy and I love that they check-out at 12pm, later than the usual. The kitchen was a dream and I didn't see any bugs! It was a great stay! I wish it was less expensive, I would stay here more often. It has lots of perks that I usually want when I stay out with great service as well!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anonymous12_11
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome from beginning to finish. The room was clean and beautiful. The amenities were awesome. Small but efficient workout area.. beautiful pool. We were also treated to a free cocktail hour and spectacular breakfast feast. Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HotelManager3333, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your recommendation as well. You will be glad to hear that we are increasing the size of the fitness center by late September. We hop you return soon to experience the new equipment. Thank you for your positive comments.