10 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$259
Hotels.comUS$259
eDreamsUS$259
2,368 results
All reviews across the street bubba gumps corner room floor to ceiling windows pool bar fort lauderdale beach within walking distance valet parking ocean view las olas king suite per night the location is perfect bars and restaurants water taxi valet service pre cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have never had such a horrible experience! No hot water for two days and never told by anyone it was out when I checked in. Cold and sink showers are never allowed for any hotel especially for a Marriott brand. Unbelievable and having kid go through was even worst. Basic needs at met and I will never come back or advise anyone else too!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Curiosity22219060935, General Manager at Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us, Ashley.

We regret that your stay was anything less than ideal. We strive to provide our guests with only the most relaxing of visits so we’re disappointed you faced such difficulties. We’ve forwarded your concerns with the appropriate members of our team so that we may improve moving forward. We hope to have an opportunity to provide you with a more positive experience that our guests are accustomed to.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a decent location and the staff were friendly; but that is where the "pros" ended!

The walls are paper thin. We could hear EVERYTHING going on in the room beside us, including general low tone conversations and movement around the room.

Worst of all was the poor to null cleaning practices!
Food waste and other debris was present in common areas and remained there for the 2 days - showing that general cleaning was not being completed. Upon first glance the room appeared to be decently cleaned.. until you pull back the curtains (literally and figuratively) and realize the dust, dirt and grime that has to have been untouched since many guest stays prior to ours.

Housekeeping never came to our room! At night we returned to beds unmade, no clean towels, no disinfecting, wiping down of bathroom, not anything within the concept of cleaning at all.

We called to request at least to have clean towels brought to the room and wash clothes but was told that we have to pick them up from the front desk ourselves. no apology for the lack of housekeeping. No apology that towels were not refreshed... again, nothing!
Was highly disappointed as this location does not meet even the minimum expectation of any Marriott brand hotel.
Because of these issues we had to relocate to a different hotel for the remainder of our trip. We were charged for an additional night that we did not spend at he hotel despite confirmation at checkout that we would not be charged for the any nights beyond what we had already spent there.
I highly encourage you to read the other recent reviews and find a different hotel for your visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Room tip: select a different hotel - bugs here, not clean
3  Thank Momnmrs

We appreciate the feedback.

It's unfortunate your time with us was less than ideal. We care about the satisfaction and happiness of our guests. We regret that your room wasn't refreshed properly. It's important to us that we offer our guests a quality experience so we'll address your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope you give us another opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed her for two nights in January 2021. When I arrived, the room that was assigned was not what the reservation stated. I wanted two queens with a marina view and was placed in a king room with a view of the parking lot. Oliver at the front desk was very helpful and when I explained I was celebrating a birthday, he did upgrade our room. He was very kind and helpful. Unfortunately, he did not make a change in the system that showed the room he moved us to as being occupied. At almost midnight someone attempted to open our door. Thankfully, the privacy lock was engaged. I protect myself when I am away and the outcome could have been disasterous for myself and the other person. When I called the front desk JR explained what happened but did not seem particularly apologetic. The next morning, I really realized how wrong the outcome could have been and I spoke to the assistant general manager. Unfortunately, I do not remember his name. He was very apologetic yet let me know that Oliver had already given me a significant upgrade to the point of quoting the price per night for the room he had given me. In my opinion, the mistake was egregious and cannot ever happen. While I accepted his apology, I do feel like he could have done more to make our stay more enjoyable.

Date of stay: January 2021

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, Melissa.

After reviewing the situation further I see our General manager apologized and offered a $75.00 credit and 10,000 Marriott reward points as we truly do regret that your experience was anything less than perfect. Don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if you'd like to discuss this further as the comfort and satisfaction of our guests is of the upmost importance. Thank You.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Husband and I decided to take a quick trip away from the cold and selected the Courtyard because we are Bonvoy members and will always choose a Marriott property first because they generally don’t disappoint. Welp... they disappointed not only once, or twice but I have a list......... Let’s start with the arrival. We took a late flight in so we arrived at the hotel at 11:30pm give or take a minute.... ROOM 1 Floor 9, mobile check in arrived at room, tried entering but the lock wouldn’t open, went down to lobby, desk clerk didn’t apologize just sort of shrugged his shoulder and gave us another room.... ROOM 2 Floor 6 room key wouldn’t work and it was occupied again, back to the lobby we go... ROOM 3 Floor 4, room key WORKED but lady in room was not happy we had access to her room..... ROOM 4 Floor ? Desk clerk sent a maintenance worker to check, he returned and said it was occupied..... are you still with me? ROOM 5 we have a winner, Floor 3 (for a Bonvoy Gold Member) was told nobody would be there for sure because since COVID they hadn’t used the floor..... nearly 1am we arrive in a room....it appears clean until we go into the bathroom, there is a gross ring of film in the toilet, but all I wanted was a shower and bed....go to take a shower guess what? The ENTIRE shower lever falls off the WALL....my husband repairs it well enough at 1am in the morning so we can shower but WHAT A JOKE! The next morning my husband was offered a room on the 8th floor over looking the inlet, we passed as we only had one more night to endure the short comings of this hotel and wanted to get out into the weather and enjoy our day. To sum this experience up, we will not be staying at this hotel again, I as a travel agent will never book this hotel for a client in fact, I will warn them against their judgement if they say they want to stay there. If it wasn’t for the nearby beach access, 411 and Coconuts we would have rated our getaway a solid zero..... I am giving this a poor rating because the desk manager did try to rectify the situation, and there was a wonderful lady washing the glass door that gave us a dining suggestion. As for the desk staff on the evening we arrived, they may serve better washing the windows, while the lovely helpful lady addresses your hotel guests........

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, shawnhayes1217.

We regret that you experience with us was anything less than perfect and that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that this is not the standard that we aspire to so we've shared your concerns with the appropriate members of our team so that we may improve moving forward.

We hope to have a chance to host you again so we may share a more positive experience that our guests are accustomed to.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is very centrally located, close to everything. The room was nice, the view spectacular! The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the concierge. The only things that were disappointing were the price of parking, which we were not aware of ($39 a night) and no real breakfast restaurant (although there was a place to get sandwiches) Overall, we had a really nice time for a fair price.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the wonderful review, lisajznj!

It's very pleasing to hear our staff took great care of you. We appreciate your compliments regarding our hardworking team. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our guests and we strive to go above and beyond expectations. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Thank you again for sharing your review and for staying at Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. Have a wonderful day!