34 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott HotelsUS$359
FindHotelUS$359
Expedia.comUS$359
Hotels.comUS$359
PricelineUS$359
StayForLongUS$476
4,415 results
All reviews sea level riva restaurant private beach resort fee ocean front beautiful resort oceanfront room plenty of chairs pool area beach staff large pool self parking lounge chairs fitness center an umbrella great pool per day
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

I loved my stay at this hotel! The service was amazing, they treated us like kings and always checked up on us. Nuno was our server and took great care of us. I’m definitely staying here again and requesting him personally.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Marriott Fort Lauderdale Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Sabrinajara123,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Nuno is a valued member of our team, so it is no surprise he took such great care of you. That is what we like to see! Please be assured that we will pass along your comments to him. We appreciate your review and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 April 2021

We feel a little bit torn about how to review this hotel. While there definitely were some unpleasantries that were unacceptable, the hotel staff usually did try to address the various issues as they arose.

First, we arrive at the hotel around 6pm, and our room was not ready. But, as a comp they added dinner credit onto our room for that evening. Our room became available around 8pm. No big deal- we appreciated the effort.

We had an Oceanfront room, the view was amazing, and we were on one of the higher floors. The downside to this was that the patio area between the hotel and the ocean seemed to be the prime space for drunk/loud students to hang out at night. I was taking my preteen son to a half day sports camp nearby and we decided to make it a mini vacation- the week before Easter- prime spring break time. So, I expected there to be parties. Which we did not mind on the beach or pool all afternoon with blaring explicit language music as it was during the day. But several nights in a row- the partying kept us up- but hey they are young and having fun, I get it- BUT I stopped getting it around 2am each morning 3 nights minimum in a row. I would wait and call the front desk at 2am, and ask them to have someone get them to keep it down. Each night, I could actually hear security (from 7 floors up) to quiet it down. Shortly after I would call I could hear (and see) a security guard making an effort. One night in particular- on a bullhorn the security guard said ‘time to go to bed’ at which point the crowd of students started chanting the same with a lot of enthusiasm. They tried, and I personally appreciated the effort. But on 2 out of the first 3 nights, the noise did not go down one iota, and the security staff made no attempt to quiet them after the initial attempt- which meant attempting to fall asleep until 4ish am to drunk loud students. For nights 3-5, I think we were used to the noise well into the early morning. After the first two nights, I went down (bleary eyed) to the front desk to ask them if we could have a street facing room thinking there might be less street noise- but they were completely booked, and they offered I could cancel my reservation/leave and find another hotel without a cancellation charge. What??? They gave me a $50 credit for the inconvenience which, while we appreciate, doesn’t really make much of a difference in a 3K plus bill.

Since our kids have different spring breaks, only the two of us were on this vacation. We had a double bed oceanfront room, and while it was very very small, it was plenty space for the two of us. It is advertised as having space for 4- I imagine this would be extremely tight space wise. We had opted for the daily cleaning, but on 2 days this did not happen. However, both of these times, the room was cleaned first thing the next morning.

While there were plenty of signs about Covid regulations (for ex. mask wearing and 1 family per elevator), this was absolutely not enforced- most people were walking around the lobby unmasked, the elevator was usually packed, and the pool area was packed solid- super spreader event waiting to happen.

The food was a solid ok, and the property was generally clean. I agree with other reviewers Nuno at the beach was awesome!

Long story short, I would strongly recommend NOT bringing the family to this hotel during a typical break time. If you are a late nighter/partier, this is the place for you.

Room tip: consider non oceanfront rooms if you prefer quiet
Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank NinaPEast
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Marriott Fort Lauderdale Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2021

Dear NinaPEast,

Thank you for taking the time to show us your concern. Your feedback, and also your patience in this matter, are much appreciated. We will share your message appropriately as we are committed to enhancing our services on all levels.

Reviewed 8 April 2021

Throughout, my stay at the hotel, I thought there might have been a no face covering convention in session . The majority of guests did not wear face coverings and those that did failed to cover their noses. As we all know, this defeats the purpose of a face covering since Covid is a respiratory virus. Social distancing seemed to be more of a suggestion than anything else. I have read in other reviews that management took Covid safety precautions very seriously, however there was no evidence of this in the hotel. Guests packed into elevators without any concern about Covid. I stayed at another Florida resort last month and the difference in adherence to Covid precautions was striking.

Securing a lounge chair by the pool was a contact sport. Definitely not for the faint of heart. Towels covered all chairs by 8 am. Many of the chairs remained vacant throughout the day. I had to sit on a concrete block by a tree each day of my stay waiting for a place to sit.

The resort was overrun with obnoxious teenagers.

The hotel grounds were very nice. Room just OK. Food overpriced. Food options at hotel limited.

2  Thank Maryjopat

Dear Maryjopat,

We are committed to providing our guests with a fulfilling stay; therefore, we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention. We will address your comments with the appropriate individuals, and we thank you for your patience during this time.

Reviewed 7 April 2021

Maybe it was the week we came with Easter weekend/spring break and all, but the resort was just overrun with obnoxious, loud people. Teenagers carousing around with no cover ups in the lobby. The rooms are VERY basic and the food is subpar and overpriced. Lobby is not maintained considering the traffic volume (i.e. wiping down glass doors and elevator floors). The hotel needs more staff overall b/c we waited in line every week for everything including at every meal and even for the front desk. Which was rude and indignant by the way. My husband and is a Titanium member and we didn’t feel any extra treatment. Will never come back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sherilyn312
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Marriott Fort Lauderdale Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

Dear Sherilyn312,

First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty as a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Member and for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any frustrations you experienced due to our active lobby, and if our team's attentiveness was not to satisfaction. We are always looking for opportunities to improve our guest experience, so we will certainly utilize your feedback to improve moving forward. Thank you once more, and it would be a pleasure to host your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

Went for sons junior year spring break. Had ZERO issues. Have to plan for reservations at the pool. Text by 7:01am the day before or you will most likely be SOL. Great locations for beach access and walking distance to A1A night clubs. Resort is clean, modern and quiet.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 47dalec
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Marriott Fort Lauderdale Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear 47dalec,

We are so pleased you had an excellent stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review and for sharing it with future guests. We couldn't be more pleased to read that your son's recent event was a success and that you appreciated our resort's beach access. Thank you once more, and we look forward to welcoming you again whenever your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.