Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #53 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

My stay was pre cruise. I booked my room on Hilton Honors site - pictures of the room were lovely. I assumed erroneous the tower building was where I would stay. Instead I was given a room in the annex. Cons:The bathroom is extremely small, I had to place my toiletries on the desk in the room. The arm chair is unclean and needs to be replaced. The carpeting needs deep cleaning or to be replaced.
Pros: Location, location, location! This property is very close to the airport and cruise terminal
Staff is very attentive and personable. The housekeeper asked if all was well and wanted to know if I needed anything. Her concern was much appreciated at the front of the house, Linda and the concierge were helpful. This annex to the tower, has potential. Because of staff and location, I would stay here again, but only in a tower room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewJazzhead
derrickdeal, Front Office Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand how the aforementioned challenges can hinder you from having a great stay. Our apologies for not meeting your expectations regarding your room's quality. I know this is not indicative of what our service culture is and we humbly apologize. Thank you for your candid review and we look forward to inviting you back to the newly re-imagined Bahia Mar.

-Derrick
Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,168)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Clean, friendly staff, nice lobby. Handy to beach and perfect place to stop the night before the cruise. 5 minute drive to cruise port. Would definitely stay there again. Approximately 10 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeffrey K, Front Office Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear S G,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive experience with us and travelers from around the world on TripAdvisor. We are elated to hear our location and staff helped make this experience exceed your expectations. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our property and personalize your visit. Please email me @ jeffrey.katz2@hilton.com and I will make your next stay flawless.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2017

So disappointing for a Hilton. We got the annex, its like the builders annex. Wouldn't mind that, they would were all pleasant and fun but not for $200 a night. Carpet was laid in1973, too. Old and musty, crap, no service from the main hotel. Give this one a skip. Marriott is 200 yards down the road..go there....

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie J

Dear Jackie J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very sorry we fell short in meeting and exceeding your expectations of an exceptional stay. We are reviewing your comments with our team as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and allowing us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

First off this stay started off other than expected . But once I spoke to Jeff at the hotel he made every effort to make things right . He contacted me and asked my concern and fixed the issue we had. In addition to that; once we got to the front desk we were greeted by Stephen Fuentes. Stephen picked up where Jeff left off and just greeted us with a warm welcome. As a Hiltin Honors member they treated me just like what is expected from Hilton. Your stay doesn't have start right but it can end right . Just let them know your problem.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with our team via TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that Stephen and myself were able to make your stay excellent! We strive to deliver world-class service and I am elated to hear we met our objective. I know we spoke prior to your departure, so please email me @ jeffrey.katz2@hilton.com when you plan on returning to Fort Lauderdale and I will ensure your next stay with us is flawless!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. Great Location, close to the beach. The food options were typical but the food was good. The rooms are smaller than the an average hotel room but they give you that resort/ cruise room feel. There are plenty of activities to book on this resort and the pool area is a great place to hang out. Quick walk to the beach.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time here at Bahia Mar. It was wonderful having you here with us. We look forward to inviting you back to sunny Ft. Lauderdale in the not too distant future. Have a great day.

-Derrick