1,653 results
All reviews the concierge lounge restaurant supervisor front desk business hotel business trip breakfast buffet hotel restaurant the general manager fitness center pre cruise cruise port dania lobby ft lauderdale tommy freeway
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel has been recently renovated and rooms look nice. Breakfast is good, including omelette station. Room safe had no batteries, so had to have them replaced. A few minutes later the thermostat for the A/C did not work properly, so it got fixed. Good thin is that they responded to my calls real fast. Then WiFi was unavailable... all the arriving night...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear FernandoMexico8,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I would like to apologize for the opportunities that you experienced during your stay. I was quite pleased however, that our team was able to restore your confidence in us by addressing the issues promptly. Thank you for your business. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I have to say that the Marriott treated my family better than some five star hotels that we have stayed in, in the past. The staff was attentive to all of our needs and the most helpful and polite that we have encountered. The GM deserves all of the accolade's for training the staff to go out of their way in helping each and every guest

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear rsafran,

Thank you for your most complimentary review. It is truly our staff that makes the difference but your positive praises are very much appreciated. We will celebrate your review with our team. Please stop by on your next visit. I would like to have the opportunity to meet you.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

This hotel is located about 30 minutes from the main beach in Ft Laudedale, well worth the trip as parking is free. It is also located near many restaurants and for those interested in this, about 10 minutes from the isle racetrack and casino in Pompano beach. The staff is incredibly friendly at the hotel from the minute you walk in the door. They will do everything to make your stay more comfortable. We took a shot at asking if it was possible to get a microwave in the room and they obliged. Very nice touch. The hotel itself is beautiful, the decor is very nice, you get the feeling of being in an upscale hotel from the get go and the staff sure add to that feeling. The driveway to the hotel is very nice as it is lined by palm trees. The room was very spacious and clean everywhere. Pool area has plenty of chairs and the hot tub was nice to relax in also at the end of day. An easy on off the highway. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear PierreS308,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. I couldn't have written a review of the hotel better myself! On behalf of our entire team, we appreciate your recommendation & review. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

It seems to be a US epidemic in the hotel industry with so many crucial merges goig on. This time affected what I had felt to be this nice Marriott hotel in Fort Lauderdale, previously offering honest prices.
This time after having completed a much needed renewal management increased prices for an additional something like 30 to 40%.
Not one single difference in services. Still a good hotel. Now an expensive one. As I said before hotels in Tokyo, London and Paris can be much less expensive than in Ft Lauderdale area , year round.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank amalzyner
John D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear amalzyner,

Thank you for your generous 5-star review. I was quite pleased to see that you enjoyed some of the hotel's recent updates. Our hotel is in a market where the rates fluctuate based on three very different seasons. If I can be assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The room was clean and they offer fruit infused water in the lobby. Staff is friendly but here is no bellboy to assist with baggage. They do not offer complimentary airport shuttle either. There is a pool and hot tub that is outdoors.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear akurtz21,

"Clean and friendly!" Thank you for your wonderful tagline. I am sorry that you did not receive assistance from a member of our Bell Staff. We do have Bellman on daily from 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM. Please reach out to me on your next visit, so that I can personally ensure that your entire stay is flawless. Thank you for your patronage. We wish you a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend.