“Best meal so far on our trip”

Origami: Korean and Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 889 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This Japanese & Korean eatery offers sushi, Korean Barbecue, bento boxes & cocktails in an informal setting. We also offer online food orders including delivery.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped in for dinner tonight while in the area. Never had Korean food and don't have anything to compare it to. WE LOVED OUR MEAL!! My wife's duck was super and I wolfed down my Korean BBQ Fried Rice. We've been to tons of restaurants (see our reviews) and this was one of the best we've had anywhere. Food was excellent and the service was superb. No auctioning off the food, the server and others from the staff checked back to see how things were. They checked all the boxes. Never had this kind of food before so can't comment on the prices, but it was well worth the price. If you are in the area, you must stop by; it's a great place and a top notch restaurant. Kudos to the owners and staff.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (263)

Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love coming here. Right up the road, not too expensive, and delicious food.
My brother and sister-in-law came in town for my birthday in July and we wanted them to try one of our favorite sushi places in town. Definitely a great decision!
Sadly, we got there about 15 minutes before close (not knowing the new covid hour change at the time). We've each worked in the industry before, so we placed a togo order and had a couple cocktails while we waited for the food at the bar. We didn't want the employees still there to be there any longer than they had to be, but Brandon R was the sweetest and kept telling us it was completely alright if we wanted to dine in.
Brandon took care of us at the bar while waiting for the food and was very entertaining. Took part in our conversations, made recommendations, and just chatted.
It was honestly our favorite experience at Origami, which was crazy because we didn't even stay there long! Also, the food was delicious once we ate at it all at home!!
I would highly recommend this restaurant for everyone looking for great food and service.
Also, highly recommend asking for Brandon R as your server/bartender! He was fantastic!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

My worst review ever! A terrible experience! We are in the time of Covid. I called ahead to make sure there was inside dining and social distancing for 4 of us. I was assured it was 50% capacity and all employees were masked. When seated, our waiter came over and his nose was not covered with his mask. We ordered appetizers and drinks. When he brought the drinks, I asked the waiter to please cover his nose. Her refused because he said it was “his preference”. I said ok, but would he please send someone else to wait on us. We got our drinks but sat there for 45 minutes. The bartender came over....said he would check on our appetizers. He never returned. We asked to speak to the manager. It turned out the “manager” was the the waiter who wouldn’t cover his nose for 5 minutes while he waited on us! We finally got up and left and went across the street to MAKS a very accommodating and excellent Japanese restaurant. Needless to say...we won’t be back!

Date of visit: September 2020
4  Thank Vixter1
Reviewed 1 April 2020

Even though all the restaurants are shut down for dining, we decided to get some sushi for takeout. It was still awesome! My favorites are the Louisiana and Volcano, and this time we tried a new roll the Crazy Kani - it was excellent! One of my daughters even tried sushi for the very first time - and she liked it. :-)

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 28 March 2020 via mobile

Great food and service. They are open for takeout and delivery! Please support our local restaurants! You will love the food here!

Date of visit: March 2020