“Worst experience ever”

Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center
Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 15 August 2017

It took the shuttle drive more than 90 minutes to pick me up from the airport. When he finally got there he would not apologize. I complained to the general manager but he wouldn't do anything. Don't ever stay at this dump. They will treat you like garbage and then act like you are a nobody.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

I want to truly apologize that we were not able to find where you were standing at the airport for our offsite parking service and pickup which is located in a different area than our guests staying at the hotel. We hope that you will use our service in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I stayed here several nights for a business trip and this was one of the closet hotels to where I was working. It is tucked back in a shopping center so everything you could possibly need is close by. The pool area was amazing and they even had a fire pit right outside the bar. After we wrapped up our work my co-workers and I enjoyed a drink around the fire. The hotel also offers a shuttle to the RSW airport which was perfect! The only downside is it's not super close to a beach which worked perfectly for our purpose but maybe not for a vacation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write about our hotel. We greatly appreciate the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when you come to Ft Myers.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I have been at this hotel for 3 weeks now on a work trip! After a bad experience at check-in, it has been great service there on in. Irma & Willy made each morning a pleasure, with breakfast always being there, served with a welcoming smile and chat! Being away from home for 3 weeks, was made alot more comforting by all staff but especially Irma & WIlly. Rooms were spotless as were all facilities throughout the hotel. The close proximity to shops and restaurants is a great advantage.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thanks very much for all the kind words about the hotel and staff. We greatly appreciated your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Located within the Gulf Coast Town Center mall complex, you can walk to most everything within the mall. This hotel is also very convenient to the interstates and local roads. 10 minute easy drive to the RSW airport. Stayed in a King Suite which was nice and spacious and on the top floor. Housekeeping could have been better. Found some trash stashed behind a curtain in the living area and pointed this out to a manager who said some bonus points would be added to my account. Not sure if that ever happened and that's not the point. Debris from other guests should never be found. Housekeeping does not take tips and does not read notes from guests. On day one of the stay I left a note and $5 tip requesting extra coffee for the next morning. Money was left and note was ignored. I mentioned this to the manager as well and she confirmed that yes, this is the policy. Seems very strange. Might be a nice place to stay but not a place I would want to work when workers cannot accept tips from customers.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite and ask for a top floor. Very quiet there.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thanks very much for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in the Gulf Coast Town Center. We greatly appreciate your business. We sincerely apologize for the overlooked housekeeping issues. We also apologize for the miscommunication of not receiving tips which is allowed. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Ft Myers.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Chose this hotel for the location. Usually a Hilton person but was pleasantly surprised at the excellent service, cleanliness and most importantly the very comfortable bed. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AKdreaming
John M, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thanks very much for choosing Marriott. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Travellers also viewed these Fort Myers hotels
0.8 km away
Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center
6.2 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Fort Myers Airport

Been to Courtyard Fort Myers at I-75 and Gulf Coast Town Center? Share your experiences!