“We loved it and WE WILL BE BACK!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Fort Myers Airport

Travelodge Fort Myers Airport
Ranked #43 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Otto
“We loved it and WE WILL BE BACK!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

My experience with this hotel was extremely satisfying. I dealt with 3 people during my stay and they were ALL very friendly and helpful. First was Les, he was the person on duty when I checked in and he was very friendly, courteous and helpful. I asked him about the possibility of getting another room next to the one I had booked because my daughter wanted to invite a friend to spend the night with her. He said he did not see a problem with that but that I should speak with Maria in the morning to see if the people next door would be checking out or not. The next morning I spoke with Maria. She too was friendly and very helpful. To make a long story short, she was able to get me 2 rooms next to each other. The only issue was that I would have to move from my current room because the room next to me was a handicapped room and they needed it open in case any handicapped individuals booked a room. I had no problem with that at all. I was grateful that she could accommodate me. The last person I dealt with was Debbie. She was the person in charge when we checked out. We left very early in the morning (4 A.M.) on July 4th to head back home. I assumed the breakfast would not be out yet since it was so early. Lo and behold, when we got downstairs, Debbie had already put out the breakfast because she knew some people would be leaving early and she wanted them to be able to get something to eat before they left. AMAZING!!! She also put some fruits and pastries in a bag for us to take on our trip home. If that's not Excellent Customer Service, then I don't know what is. Bottom line, this hotel cannot be beat. It's inexpensive, it's close to I-75 and the people are very friendly. WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank sizquier66
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for a wonderful review. I'm very pleased to hear that our front desk employees were able to accommodate you and exceed the expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

I was a little bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor so my husband and I were expecting the worst when staying here. As soon as we pulled up we were pleasantly surprised. Most hotels of this star quality have outside corridors which we do not like but this Travelodge had indoor corridors. The staff member at the front desk who checked us in was very nice and we noticed how clean the lobby was. We stayed on the top floor and as soon as we turned on the light in our room we both were pleasantly surprised again. The room was not outdated like some of the reviews stated and it was a good size for the price. The room was clean, the bed was clean and even the bathroom was clean (the only minor issue we noticed with the bathroom was there looked to be some dirt or mud or something else on the bottom of the toilet)! We will definitely be staying here again when we return to Fort Myers in the fall for a couple of weeks. This hotel for the price we paid was AWESOME!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank maryme107
Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you here and hope to see you again on your next trip to Fort Myers.
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

The Travelodge at Fort Myers airport was a great location for the Gulf Beaches and Sanible Island. The hotel staff was very friendly, and the room was clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast was very satifying, and the hotel was welcoming. The room rate was excellent, and the hotel exceeded our expectations. I wished there were a pool, however, the location, price and clean facility made up for it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank gayleandtony
Thank you for your review. We are happy to read you enjoyed our hotel. Hope you are doing well and we will see you in the near future.
FLORIDA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

Front desk gentleman, totally inept. First tried to tell my I had made my reservation through on of the online place like expedia. I made it through travelodge .com, he play in envelopes with little slips of paper & finally found my reservation. I was so unsettled I never even thought saying I had a pet. After I walked my dog, He came to my room screaming, that I didn't tell him. Told him it never crossed my mind, as I usually at a chain that doen't chrg & doesn't ask. After that I was stalked by him all weekend. The wake up call I requested was a banging on my door NO PHONE call IF you are a WOMAN ALONE** DO NOT STAY I ended up asking a friend to stay with me because he scared the *&^ out of me!

Hotel only has showers, no tub. No pool no amenties. After being stalked I made sure I took pictures of the room Except for walking down the hall my dogs were never on the ground in the room Carpet diry, to dirty for dogs or bare feet

Worst experience I have had when traveling With or without pets (I show my dog and stay at hotels a lot) This one never again IT WAS SCARRY!

Room Tip: Stay a way
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank FLORIDASIB
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Dear Kelly,

First of all, Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. I understand that the issue came up about hotel's pet policy. You were charged accordingly as it states on our website at Travelodge.com. It is a responsibility of the guest to disclose if pets will be in the room. We, just like other hotels that allow pets have rooms designated for the guests with pets in respect to those people who have allergies. We left you a statement in your room and desk clerk as a courtesy for you approached you and informed you about pet policy.
Second, we at the property have a video and audio monitoring at the public common areas. After reading your review I was concerned about your check in experience and I reviewed it. Desk clerk was efficient and polite and you even shared a laugh or two with him. Also, let me assure you that you were not stalked by our staff. Our front desk staff is instructed to walk the hallways time from time for the reason to insure security and cleanliness of the property.

Once again, Thank you for your comments.
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

I booked this hotel online, and got a pretty good deal since I was staying for 7 nights. You know how they say you get what you pay for... it's true!
First, my party and I arrived 2 days earlier than our reservation, so it was understandable when there were no rooms available for the extra 2 nights, no problem.
We checked in with no issues. We went to our rooms and the place reeked of smoke. I was aware that this is a smoking hotel, but yuk, it smelled. Got to my room and inspected it for any bed bugs, thankfully, none! I give them credit there.
HOWEVER.... I have had an issue 2 times with bugs in the bathroom and sink areas. (they are separate). I was extremely grossed out!
I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet, and the blankets had stains so I tossed them on the floor and used my own.
The size of the room is extremely small.
The first day we were there, my sister was questioned by the clerk as to how many people were in her room (she is visiting family so of course they are at the hotel to visit). The guy came across as rude and seemed like he was accusing her of something. I also got attitude from one of the maids. I do not like maids to come into my room, I will handle it all myself, just give me the stuff. I guess they didn't like that. My sister had to go to the front desk one evening to get some TP and the clerk told her to take the roll thats in the public bathroom. RUDE! She also got attitude from the same lady when she was asking why her key didn't work at the back door. I also had that issue. We got locked out many times because they keys didn't work. It's just an inconvenience. The breakfast was not even worth it.
All in all, if we would not have paid for this hotel already, we would have checked out as soon as we checked in. We still have 1 night left here and we check out tomorrow. We have extended our trip and are checking into another hotel as soon as we check out of here.
The place is good for the price we paid.... but don't expect anything fancy. Expect people to be rude, to be locked out and hey, maybe you will see some nasty bugs in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JenniferL84
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing Travelodge Fort Myers Airport. I appreciate your comments and we will address all of the issues that you reported. We will investigate and re-evaluate the performance of the front desk clerk. The room will be inspected and brought to standards that will exceed expectations.
We are pleased that you see the value of our accommodations but very concerned about the issues that you experienced during your stay.
Please contact me at the property and I would like to speak with you personally.

Once again, Thank You for your comments.
Darius Lukosaitis