“Would definitely go back to Diamondhead.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DiamondHead Beach Resort

DiamondHead Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Macomb, Michigan
“Would definitely go back to Diamondhead.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We really enjoyed our time at the Diamondhead. Great view from any room, obviously the higher up the better. Extremely friendly staff. Anytime we needed something they brought it right up and were very courteous. The resturaunt staff at Cabana's was so fun and friendly. The food was good too. VERY clean pool, hot tubs and pool area. Extremely clean beach which was well maintained. The water sports offered through Holiday Water Sports was amazing. I cant say enough about Cody, Jon, and Stacy from Holiday Water Sports. Stacy's dolphin tour was great fun and an experience we will never forget. Jon and Cody helped me search for my lost wedding ring and were very kind to me. The rooms are a nice size for a couple or small family. The only complaint I have which really isnt a complaint is that the picture on the website is of the updated rooms on three of the floors. So when I walked into a more outdated room I was a little surprised. However we didnt spend much time in the room so by day two it didnt matter at all. The balconys are huge which is nice. I would definitely go back and actually cant wait to do so.

Room Tip: Only three of the floors are updated right now. Cant remember which ones. The higher up the bette...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jenni F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We did the dolphin tour while down there and it is worth the money. Had a great time and can't wait to go down and do it again.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for better view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank bfilauo
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Great place to stay--good eating and drinking facilities--beautiful location--out of the noise zone of beach boardwalk area--room appliances need to be upgraded--service excellent--"Jay" and his partner bell boys provide not only help getting in the hotel, but are great guides to the area for entertainment and recommendations of sites not to be missed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Senior653
Romeo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

For a couple who never has traveled we are a little picky. Especially when it comes to a hotel room. Diamond head was the best!!! The room itself was was roomy and clean. It was overlooking the pool A N D the gulf. I love the size of the balcony. We had our friends over that live in Florida and there was plenty of room for all of us to enjoy the view together. Nice walk to TimeSquare for dinner with lots of choices to eat and bars to people watch. The pool was always beautiful and never over crowded with great bar service and a snack bar. Definately going back!

Room Tip: I should have wrote my review sooner so I could remember our room number but when I called I just as...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank duellman5
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I booked one night to celebrate my husbands 33rd birthday. We come from Palm Beach County, FL so the drive was arduous but when we arrived we were so glad to be staying at the Diamonhead. All other inns or motels we passes on the way in looked dilapidated and old.

Check in was a breeze and front desk ladies were very nice!

Upon entrance to our room I was delighted. I had booked a gulf view room instead of the upgrade to the beachfront. I'm so happy I made that choice. We were on the 12th floor right on the corner so to our right we could see Estero Blvd, all of the channels, and houses. Our view in front was the beach and shore line, basically a great 180 degree view of Ft. Myers Beach!

Unfortunately it was too cold to go onto the beach or in the pool. We took advantage of the two for one drink special and the bartender was very kind.

The room was immaculate and very well furnished. The toiletries provided were of great quality. Additional pillows and comforters were clean and soft. The kitchenette area was perfect with all utensils and flatware necessary, including complimentary coffee and tea (which was perfect to drink outside on the balcony wrapped up warm).

It's unfortunate we were only staying one night. I would return (during a warmer season) to stay at Diamondhead and enjoy the many activities scheduled.

Thanks for your kindness, attention to detail, and overall excellence.

The Brown's