Lowest prices for your stay
US$250
Hotels.com
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$250
2,813 results
All reviews grotto pool swim up bar heated pool beach resort beach side beach access ocean front housekeeping staff beachfront room family vacation ramada pools destin pier ft walton grill
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

Check in was easy and fast. I was given 3 keys to our room. Only one of the three worked. The room was dirty. The floor was sandy. Pillowcases were dirty. Hair in the bathroom sink. At night, the noise was horrible. The door didn’t even line up with the frame. You could see the light in the hallway. The ice machine was three rooms down but sounded like it was outside our door. The elevators smelled like marijuana. We decided to eat at the restaurant onsite. What a joke. We ordered calamari and smoked tuna dip. The waitress comes back and says they are out of tuna dip. Ok, no big deal. She comes back 20 minutes later and takes our order. We try to order pizza, they were out. My husband ordered a specialty ale, waitress returns to the table and says they’re out. He ordered a different beer. Another 20 minutes goes by and she finally brings it. Calamari shows up cold. Our meals were barely edible. Over $200 and an hour and a half later and we had to go get food elsewhere. I would never stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank susanferg12
Jay Odom, Owner at The Island Ft Walton Destin by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Thank you for the candid feedback. I do apologize this is not the experience we want our guest to leave with. I will share this feedback with our food & beverage department. Hopefully you will come back in the future and have a much better stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2021

Checked in with my elderly Parents and grandkids on a family vacation rooms were nasty, Clogged up shower, Hair on the beds! Had to change rooms Three times was told I would receive a 10% discount for my inconvenience and NEVER DID! One of my room keys was not working was told maintenance would be there it fix it, NEVER SHOWED!

Room tip: Worst Place To Stay In Fort Walton Beach Florida
Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank PamKSteele

Thank you for the feedback Mrs. Steele. I do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. That is not the experience we want our guest to have. I do see that there was a 10% discount applied to your billing. Hopefully you can give us another chance in the future and have a much better stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

From the 6 hour wait to check in, to the lies and rude treatment by staff, either not lgbtq friendly or racially friendly as they were extremely rude and dismissive to my black wife but choose to speak with me instead, lack of follow through by management, the lack of room amenities”no towels, no shower amenities, not clean which is a huge concern, considering the pandemic.” Was not told that our room was located directly under the 6th floor party room that was hosting a huge wedding party until 12:30am. Had to call Security for the partying going on right outside our balcony at 1:30am. The strong smell of Marijuana in every hallway.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WendyR1684
Jay Odom, Owner at The Island Ft Walton Destin by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Thank you for the candid feedback WendyR1684. I apologize on behalf of The Island for the experience you encountered. This is not the experience we want our guest to have. I will make sure to share this feedback with our managers and staff. Hopefully you can give us another chance in the future and have a much better experience.

Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

We are locals in Fl and stayed at the Island for a friend’s wedding. We were told the rooms had been remodeled. This was a joke. While the grounds and common areas were nicely remodeled and had a fun resort feel, the rooms were lacking. Sure, the floors were new and possibly the furniture, but mostly everything was just covered up with a coat of paint as you could see the mold poking through and still smell the essence of humidity and ‘spring break’. I was even hesitant to use the shower and while brushing my teeth was visited by a roach. The balcony door to our 2nd floor room didn’t even close completely and would not lock. My unworn clothes smelled terrible by the time we left. Lastly, the customer service was terrible. We arrived early as part of the wedding party and were promised we’d be contacted when our room was ready. 3hrs later members of the same wedding party were receiving their rooms (same type as ours) and when I called I was told we’d been ‘skipped over’ by accident. No apologies, they just blamed it on housekeeping which made no sense. Overall, I was seriously disappointed in our stay and the amount we paid for it. The only thing that made it worth it was not having to drive after the wedding. Don’t waste your money here!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank kris711
Jay Odom, Owner at The Island Ft Walton Destin by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Thank you for the candid feedback kris711. Anything wrong with the room you could have contacted front desk and we could have took care of it. As far as your check in experience I do apologize for the delay, I have never heard the term skipped over used at our property. I will share your feedback through out management. Have a great day and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 29 December 2020 via mobile

This is the best hotel along Fort Walton beach. The place is centrally located to all major attractions, restaurants, and activities. Room is clean and big. D building is the best if you’re going to book your reservations. Their pools are unique and spacious. We enjoyed the hotel pathways going to the beach. This place is perfect for taking pictures and watching the sunset. Staffs are amazing. Price is average. They regularly cleaned the rooms. There are spaces to social distance from other guests. Wifi connection is super fast. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everybody for all seasons.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
53  Thank worldtrotter26
Jay Odom, Owner at The Island Ft Walton Destin by Hotel RL, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay. We are so happy to hear you had such a good time at our property. We look forward to you returning in the future to have another amazing stay here at The Island.