“Slow; busy; tasty”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I rarely go to La Tienda, even though it is touted as one of the best authentic Mexican restaurants around. The menu is extensive and I have trouble deciding, especially since it's modified counter-service and there is always a line. This time, I went with a burrito al pastor, which was good. I don't think I'd order it again, as the filling was too dry for my preference, but the overall flavors were good. Waiting about 30 minutes from entering the room to receiving the meal, so don't go if you're in a rush, but the food is generally worth the time. I'll go back and keep trying things. I'm sure I'll settle on a favorite some day.

1  Thank Crista S

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Very good food and the price is unbeatable. Service is also great and fast. Very authentic feed a family of 4 for $30 including tip and was stuffed.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Right across from our hotel in Gainesville. Everyone had an excellent meal with me as an exception. My issue was self inflicted. I ordered special #5 which was spicy shrimp. I don't like spicy food and just thought it'd have a little heat. Nope. Turns out they mean spicy! And it was still good, I just couldn't eat it. I helped my wife with her chicken tacos (which were amazing). Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Rob J
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

I went there for lunch and ordered rib tips, Chorizo, rice and beans, I got chopped steak, regular spices sausage from the supermarket (I know the difference between sausage and Chorizo)....

1  Thank badboy1228
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Enjoyed the hard shell tacos. It is basically a serve yourself place with good food. The taco sauce they brought had crushed red pepper in it. Beware if you don't like spicy taco sauce...I overdid it myself.