“Those biscuits!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by here for breakfast on our way up to Atlanta. I loved the homey feel of the restaurant, and it was a beautiful morning to enjoy the outdoor seating. I was drawn to the Southern Style Biscuit Benedict in the menu once I saw pimento cheese... until the server let me know the pimento cheese is cold. Seemed odd to me, and actually made me not want to order this at all. But I assume I am not the only one who felt that way since she made sure I was aware before ordering. Disappointment, I went with the eggstra-ordinary Breakfast. While I didn’t get to have the pimento cheese that sounded so good to me, I still enjoyed my meal. The grits were definitely creamy, the moon dusted potatoes were amazing, and the biscuit was out of this world! And as of the biscuit alone wasn’t amazing enough, I fell in love with their cranberry apple butter.... so we got a dozen biscuits with the cranberry apple butter to take home with us.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Spur the moment stop by the flying biscuit looked at the menu thought I’d try something different the Southern scramble wow what are unique great meal friendly staff clean reasonably priced.

1  Thank Wayne M
Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is an fun, eclectic, little restaurant in a strip-mall. It is mostly a breakfast and lunch place, and is well-known in the area, so expect a long line most of the time. The meals are huge, so you won't leave hungry. At our table, one person ordered a side of grits and a biscuit; one ordered the Smoked Salmon Scramble; one ordered the Egg-Stravaganza; and one ordered the Southern Style Biscuit Benedict. The best thing about every meal was the biscuit and the grits got rave reviews too. I typically do not like grits, but these were an exception. We would definitely go back for breakfast or lunch -- there were several items on the lunch/dinner menu that were intriguing -- including Oven Fried Green Tomatoes with goat cheese.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The food at the Flying Biscuit Café is good and it is plentiful. The pancakes are huge - I recommend the mixed berries topping. They boast about their creamy, cheesy grits - and with good reason. I have never tasted more delicious, creamy grits ever. Good portion sizes on the turkey bacon and turkey sausage as well. The coffee is a bit bitter for my tastes but he food makes us for that. Expect a wait on the weekends - but it is worth it!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend lives in Gainesville so whenever I visit we like to try new restaurants but we’ve never been out for breakfast. We heard great things about this place so we decided to check it out and we were amazed. The place itself is decorated so bright and vibrant which I thought looked very inviting. I ordered a cold brew which was so smooth and flavorful as well as the tofu scramble but added a couple eggs. I still think about that breakfast to this day! Also I’m not the biggest fan of biscuits but most of the meals come with their signature biscuit with sugar sprinkled on top. This place is a must try!