“Kids Loved it!”

Add it.
Rolls 'n Bowls
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is not your typical Sushi restaurant, as you can have your food served in bowls over rice or noodles, as well as in traditional "rolls." We ordered bowl combinations from the menu (Alaskan and Sizzle) which contained fresh salmon, mango, avocado, mushrooms, and scallion slices among other items. You get your choice of sauce (we choose a Teriyaki and a rather sweet and spicy Wasabi) and then you mix all together. The kids enjoyed learning to eat the sticky rice with chopsticks, and they each finished their bowls down to the last grain of rice! The restaurant was very clean and the staff engaging and very helpful in assisting with our menu selections and ordering. They even offered us complimentary Edamame since the kids did not know what it was. I thought the prices were a little on the expensive side and the dishes a bit "rice-heavy", but, overall, the flavor, freshness and staff made this an A+ meal.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Friendly staff, good prices and Eco-friendly (green restaurant certified).
Switched tuna fish to a more sustainable variety.

Our go-to place for sushi- try the spicy dipping sauce!

Reviewed 1 October 2011

This is my number one pick in Gainesville. It's fun to "create your own bowl" (but a little intimidating the first few times trying to figure out what to get). I like that they have a "mini" bowl. The food is fresh and there are lots of sauces to pick from. Very clean inside. I highly recommend Rolls 'n Bowls!

Reviewed 20 August 2011

This summer I went to this restaurant (owned by dragonfly) at least once a week because it is hard to find restaurants that are careful with people who need to be gluten free. I let them know that I need gluten free food and they immediately change their gloves. I usually order boss that is raw fish on rice with vegetables. They have gluten free soy sauce as well as other gf sauces. You can design your own bowls according to your likes. I really enjoy it every time. You walk up to the counter, order and pay. Then sit down to eat. Bathrooms eco friendly-