“Favorite Pizza in Gainesville ”

Leonardo's Pizza by the Slice
Ranked #73 of 612 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Went for pizza after the Gator Game last weekend and the pizza was as good as I remember. Love the cheese pizza and organic salad. Also have to get the rolls with the garlic sauce.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Hurricane Irma forced me to evacuate Miami. I went to Gainesville, where I had not visited since graduating from UF in the mid-1980s. Thirty years later, the only restaurant I found that was still there was this one. Leonaro's! It was legendary for its pizza by the slice when I was in college. I ordered a couple of slices. They were tasty and nicely crunchy, but I am just not that into pizza any longer. The place looks the same.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Graduated here 41 years ago and always remember Leonardo's as a great pizza place. Was driving through and decided to take my family and it was as good as I remembered. Definitely a landmark and a must go to.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This was great pie! I had Chicago style sausage while my wife had thin slice veggie. My girls (and me) are thin slice cheese. The service was prompt and the price was reasonable. Four people ate pizza with rolls and drinks for $30. The adults even drank adult beverages. We went there based on a suggestion fro a former UF student and were not disappointed!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We were in town for a client presentation and dropped by here for lunch. A recent review said that the restaurant has been here for at least twenty years. We were in graduate school at UF in the early 80's and it was going strong then. It really hasn't changed. They offer cheap slices of great pizza to students and locals. We had their thick slice pepperoni and it was great. I didn't know at the time but learned later in the day that UF purchased the land and building last year with the agreement that the restaurant would remain open through summer 2017 (a 2016 article from the Gainesville Sun is available online). Like so many students before and after me, this place was ideal for a cheap meal. To the owners, I say thanks for the memories (and the pizza). If you can get there go very soon.