“Always fun to return!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My favorite is the chicken taco salad. My husband tried the chicken enchiladas with charity beans and green chili rice.his was on the spicy side but very tasty and enjoyable. The chicken taco salad is milder, but choose from various salsa and/ or sauces for creamy or spices topping.

Fun to watch the tortilla making process, while enjoying indoor or outdoor seating.

Staff is friendly, informed and obviously enjoy their jobs.

We always stop in when passing through Gainesville.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Had dinner here with my adult son and we loved it! Huge menu with tons of great selections and sauces. Excellent (free) chips and salsa, also ordered the queso and it was fresh and amazing too. Had a great server who was helpful with the large menu of choices. Even the beans and rice were delish! Restaurant was clean and inviting. Very satisfied w our experience and meal and will return

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We have been to Chuy's many times. Their queso is the best in town, and we have lots of Mexican restaurants here.

Usually the wait staff is friendly and competent, but the hostess station abounds with either rudeness or aloofness. You can walk up on 3 or 4 employees talking (no customers in line) but still have to wait to be acknowledged.

Note that it took several times of ordering there to understand what you needed to say. They have a cool enchilada topped with a fried egg -- it is barely cooked, so you need to ask for it to be more done if you don't like it super runny. The food is also loaded with hot stuff (peppers, spices, jalapenos) so if you like your food mild, be sure to order the sauces on the side!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I tried Chuy's for the first time in Rockville, Md. This one is better. I had chile rellenos 3 times. I inhale this food.. We need one in Fort Lauderdale!!!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

After spending the morning at the Florida Natural History Museum, we looked for a restaurant nearby for lunch. On a weekday, the restaurants in this area are all packed. We tried to go to several other restaurants in the area that were rated well, but could not find a parking spot. So we ended up at Chuy's. We love Mexican food, but have only had it once in Texas. It was in Dallas, and it was very good, authentic Mexican. But I expected my Chiles Rellenos to be in Poblanos, and didn't expect to have to pick my own sauce from a selection of sauces that I wasn't familiar with. And I also didn't expect them to be in a hard, deep fried crust. The chips were nice and light, but the 2 sauces served with them were pretty bland. The atmosphere was fine and the service was very good, but it just wasn't the type of Mexican food we were expecting, and we didn't care for it.

1  Thank SWFLAOK