“Best chips and salsa in GNV”
Review of La Pasadita

La Pasadita
Ranked #38 of 621 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Some of the best Mexican food in Gainesville. Definitely best chips and salsa! Super cute decor and reasonably priced. The staff is always friendly.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Authentic Mexican and good prices. Very fast and tasty. I absolutely loved the mole, it was done to perfection and the flan was stupendous! Staff is friendly and they do music some nights so give a call to find out when. Good enchiladas, burritos, but really, I can't say enough about the mole sauce!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Everything we ordered was fresh and delicious! The consistency of the salsa was perfect. Too many places it's watery and not flavorful at all. Not here. We also had the guacamole which was very fresh and a decent size portion.

The restaurant is brightly lit so no problem trying to read the extensive menu. Loved the colorful tables and booths. Service was prompt and efficient. Large variety of bottled drinks you won't find many places. Make sure to save room for their sopapilla - wow!

A real treat and some place we will definitely be returning to in the near future!

Reviewed 25 January 2017

We were seated immediately upon entering this very colourful and cheerful feeling restaurant. Looking around, there seemed to be lots of seating with many people enjoying some very interesting meals.
Service was quick and we started with home made tortilla chips with salsa. The chips were very tasty but a little greasy which I didn't mind but my companion didn't really appreciate. The salsa was very tasty with hints of spices and herbs and just the right consistency.
We both ordered versions of the enchiladas with mole sauce. I had a variety plate which had 4 different enchiladas and my companion had pulled chicken enchiladas. Mine came with a red mole sauce and my companion had a choice of red or green mole sauce. She chose the red and after realizing that I had red as well, wished she had chosen the green.
The enchiladas were what you'd expect. The chicken was a little tough but the pork, cheese and bean versions were well prepared. The sauce was smooth and velvety, nicely spiced and with a hint of chocolate which made it about perfect. Both dishes were topped with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and extra cheese which helped round out the meals.
We were both quite full so we didn't have dessert.
Though the meals weren't salty, I have to admit that I needed to get up a couple of times in the night to drink water because I was so thirsty, so beware of the hidden salt.
I've always judged the authenticity of an ethnic restaurant by the number of people of the specific ethnicity who are eating there and believe me, there were lots of Spanish speaking folk enjoying their meals here so I'd have to say this restaurant is the real deal. Will definitely return!

1  Thank FNIGUY
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit and I was more than impressed with the quality of the food and the service. Everyone was very friendly and all the staff were helpful whether it was their table or not. I tried the seafood quesadilla and thought it was amazing. My mom had the tacos and felt the beef was very tender and all the ingredients were fresh. Definitely a new favorite in Gainesville.