“Hometown hit!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, ok...I finally went in...after living in this town for too many years. To be fair, I'm not a fan of Italian cuisine. I'd always gone to one of their previously open sister locations. That being said...I was pleased. Surf and turf with a side of pasta with meat sauces and a salad. And bread, of course. All made for a pretty good meal. Not gonna say, can't believe I waited...but will say it's worth going back....especially for the bread...and I'm also not a bread person.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

outstanding Italian food, seafood is excellent, reasonable prices, with daily specials. buy one get one free pizza everyday

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I have been here at least four times now! It is my "go to" place for Italian food. They have great specials, and are generous with the portions, the bread is outstanding, too! And the desserts are the yummiest! The menu is so extensive-they have everything. If you are vegetarian or gluten intolerant, they have great dishes for you!

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first experience with Pomodoro Cafe. I ordered take out pizza pies. The pies were very tasty and full of flavor. My guests thought the eggplant topping was superb. The toppings were very generous. The price was beyond competitive. I bought four pies and paid for two which is their current take out policy; buy one, get one. When I checked out the cashier actually checked each box to be sure I had the right order, that does not typically happen. The only negative was I think canned mushrooms were used and I prefer freshly sautéed mushrooms for a topping. I would also add a little more gravy on top. The restaurant appeared to be clean and well staffed for a Saturday night. Great place for upscale casual dining. An acquaintance said dining in was very good and the food was delicious. So next time I'm in Gainesville I will give dining in a try. The staff was very busy and working very hard, they do a good job. I will be back.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

We dine out a fair amount and Pomodoro's is one of our regular favorites. We've never been disappointed in the food. From appetizer or salad to dessert, you can't go wrong. Prices are very reasonable and service is good. It is not a chain but is owned and operated by a local Italian restaurateur.