“Messy but tasty”
Review of Burrito Brothers Taco Co. - CLOSED

Burrito Brothers Taco Co.
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Burrito Bros is a Gainesville, FL staple. The burritos are delicious but messy. The tortillas don't really stay together well at all.

Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

I graduated from UF over a decade ago and meet back for a game each year. We stopped in at Burrito Brothers after watching a tremendous victory at the Swamp. It is nothing like the place when we went to school, a very nice space versus the quintessential hole in the wall it used to be. We tried to order their night special, but apparently they don't offer it after games. I had a taco, but the food wasn't as good as I remembered, but still good.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

I've been coming here for nearly 30 years so I remember their original location as well as their spot in the church and their latest spot with beer and indoor seating. Great food. Get a primo beef burrito and a side of guac and chips. You won't be disappointed. Their beef tacos are good too. I think they're getting a little pricy, particularly for a college town and their parking situation is atrocious, but it's definitely worth checking out.

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

This was before the Gator game... the place was packed. It seemed to be on the ball though, until I received my food. I ordered a chicken burrito, when I opened the package it looked awesome. There was no chicken, the rice was spicy, I asked for double beans and sour cream and got neither. I had to return the burrito and wait for a new one. By the time I got the new one I wanted to order another beer, haha yeah right I had to go back into line (which was out the door) you would think that since this is a new building for them they would have thought a little more when planning the layout. During the game is much busier than normal and it was a mess. We ended up leaving and going down the block for an additional beer. I don't think I would go back.

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I made a special visit to this restaurant when we were in Gainesville because I had heard good things from colleagues.

I ordered the steak burrito and she ordered the chicken burrito. We also asked for a side of chips and salsa. And two fountain drinks. The bill was $27. Pretty high for a few burritos.

First let me start with the fountain drink machine. It is one of the new mini Coca Cola freestyle machines and the animations made the process slow and painful. Not BBs fault, but come on Coke, just let me get my drink, I'm not interested in fancy animations, I just want to pour a soda.

When they brought our food over, we found out the lady had rung us up for two baskets of chips. No wonder it was so expensive. The chips were nothing special and the salsa was good, but a little watery.

The burritos were delivered separately and my wife was instantly disappointed as hers fell apart when she pulled off the wrapping. This isn't like the burritos you get at a Chipotle or Moe's where you pull off a strip of foil and take a bite. You open these up completely and go for it.

The taste of the tortilla reminded me of TacoTime which I loved as a kid but didn't get to eat that often so ultimately I enjoyed the meal.

The price and lack of available parking are the two downsides of Burrito Brothers, but the service was good and I enjoyed the meal so I might go back if I'm in the area.