“Most amazing ”
Review of Metro Diner

Metro Diner
Ranked #10 of 603 Restaurants in Gainesville
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I can't believe how fast we got our food we ordered it and I can say 5 minutes later it was there and was it fantastic it was the best everyone has to try this place nice and nice people we even had the boss come up to our table and talked to us and asked us how everything was out that's customer service we will be going there again I'm again I'm again you should too

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

It's always a good sign when a lunch place is busy at 2 pm and Metro Diner is no exception. The food was good, portions generous and servers attentive. Three of the four meals were big hits. Their Huevos Rancheros is unconventional but wonderful... the crispy tortilla shells, chorizo sausage and fried jalapenos really elevate the dish. The Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Salad-Salad we're also big hits.

The only miss with our group was the Charleston Shrimp & Grits... there were no savory notes to the dish and way too much gooey "shrimp sauce" which had the consistency of condensed soup. That it was served over grit cakes rather than a bowl of grits made it easy for me to pass on one of my favorite dishes... my friend wished she had also passed on that dish.

Metro Diner is busy and a little noisy but do a good job with both reliable standards and dishes with creative twists so we're looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Good was good as well as service, once seated fomood was delivered in a reasonable time. They will do half plates for smaller appetites or if you want to try 2 items.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We tried Metro Diner based on the very good reviews and it still exceeded our expectations! We live approximately 200 miles away and were in the area for hiking so we did not get to the diner until around 3:00 PM on a Saturday. It was packed then which was a very good sign. I had a pastrami sandwich that was incredibly delicious...lean and very tasty!! My wife had the Breakfast Burger that was piled so high with a delicious patty, hash browns, cheese, sunny side egg up egg, lettuce and tomato that she had to take off the delicious top part of the bun to eat it. I couldn't resist trying a fork full and it was awesome! We were seated and offered beverages immediately. Our orders were taken promptly and we were very surprised to get our meals so soon. Our server was also attentive and excellent. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Metro Diner on a recommendation from our hotel staff. The man told us the Metro Diner is a little pricy, but one of the best restaurants in town for a good breakfast. The restaurant was very clean and had a cozy environment. The staff was amazingly friendly and appeared to really value their customers. My husband and I were really impressed with the quick delivery of our meal and the incredible plate presentation as you can see from our photos. Not sure if they have a sharing charge, but it's something to consider since the portions were extremely large. The ONLY problem we encountered was our food was cold or more accurately barely warm. What a disappointment since everything else to this point was perfect. For those wondering, the restaurant wasn't even busy yet so no excuse there. YES,I'm sure the staff would have heated our food up if we had asked, but we were in a hurry and didn't have much time to spare. Sadly, I probably won't return since serving warm or hot food should be a given at any restaurant...just saying.