“Surprisingly good!”
Review of Larry's Giant Subs

Larry's Giant Subs
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Surprising because there are many sandwich chain restaurants, and LGS is that, though it is local to Jacksonville. This was my first visit, which was more from necessity than from good planning. I was driving through Green Cove Springs at about 3pm, on the way to Waldo, having skipped lunch. My bad decisions lead me to seek something available over something good, and landed me in the green cove springs shopping center, which is empty save for Larry's and the juvenile detention center. While reflecting on that irony, I walked into the restaurant and noticed a few things right away: bright and industrious people working behind the counter, an impressive array of local datil pepper hot sauce, and large and varied menu of hot and cold sandwiches. Really large. As I approached the counter, I noticed that Larry's chooses healthy ingredients for their sandwiches, offering antibiotic and hormone-free meats and the option of gluten-free bread. I was impressed before I ordered my lunch, but when I tasted my Reuben on Rye, I was sold on the place. My crab soup on the side also exceeded my expectations. This in itself would have been enough, but as a bonus, I was able to remain in place and eat my lunch while observing the clientele, which were intriguing. A shirtless man in the parking lot got out of a jeep and walked to the front sidewalk tables, carrying a t-shirt and smoking a cigarette. As he approached, I couldn't help but wonder if he found larry's on the way out of the aforementioned juvenile detention center at some point. As he paused outside to finish his cigarette and put on his t-shirt, I couldn't help but notice the fishhook necklace he wore, as the hook had to be six inches long. Several others locals sat watching the football game on the dining room televisions, or having a business meeting in the corner. Others came and went, in rusted-out station wagons and jacked-up pickup trucks. I left satisfied, with a bottle of inferno sauce, and and a renewed appreciation for the curious cultural mix of north Florida.

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Food was out pretty fast and the portions were good. The taste and freshness were ok. The building could use a makeover and a bit more cleanup. The condiments on the table needed attention to ensure they are filled.
Not a horrible experience but could have been better.
I will go back!

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Perfect call in and pick up on your way to the beach !!
Consistent quality, always clean and friendly staff.

Reviewed 10 February 2015

We were taking a different route this time and when I saw the sign and I knew that we had to stop. The sub choices and the cheesecake were a definite bonus for our first trip to this wonderful franchise. My wife had the pizza sub and I had my traditional turkey breast sub but I saw a N.Y. corned beef sub on the menu too late. We will have to stop by the next time through this area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Dat'l sauces on the table, great compliment to the sandwiches.
FAST SERVICE on the run...attention to detail...PASSION for getting it right!