All reviewsuncle mikeparking passhollywood beachold school floridagreat hostswater taxiwalking distanceceiling fana great place to staybeach chairsstepsunitfridgestovekey
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

This historic building is located within 1 block of the broadwalk in Hollywood Beach. Loads of charm combined with modern amenities. Hosts Richard and Uncle Mike were friendly and completely knowledgeable about the area. You can easily walk to restaurants, bars, shops and of course the Atlantic Ocean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review. The Coral House Hotel is THE OLDEST BUILDING ON HOLLYWOOD BEACH but you would not know unless we told you, you read about it or seen some of the pictures we have in our hallway. We do our best to keep her updated, clean and the centrally located part will alway be there! ;o) Hope to have you back again, soon.

Thanks again,
Rich

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My experience at Coral House was excellent. The communication from Richard was great, his Uncle Mike was always there and made my late check in easy.

You can't ask for a better location, not even a two minute walk to the boardwalk where you will find a good selection of places to eat and drink.Getting off of the beach via Hollywood Blvd is close and quick.

The room was great. While not brand new, it was clean and comfortable with plenty of space.

Here are some things to know:

Parking: they provide a parking pass which allows you to park at any metered spot or in the parking structure about 4 blocks away. This is no small deal in that other hotels charge $20+ for the same parking. I was there on a very busy weekend and had to park 4 blocks away a couple of times. That was no big deal as the walk along the boardwalk is beautiful.

Front Desk: like many beach hotels, the front desk is not always staffed, that's part of why Coral House is reasonably priced. Richard's Uncle Mike is always around if you need something.

Be realistic: If you want on-sight parking, a concierge, a front desk to give you change or a sparkling new room then you're probably better off elsewhere. At Coral House you get a great place to stay at a price that is $200-$300 per night less than other places where you might get those amenities. But you won't get better service. In other words, don't be pissed if you pay $150 and don't get what the $400 place up the street gives you.

I will stay at Coral House every chance I get.

Thanks Rich and Mike.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve V
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Your review is very much accurate and appreciated. Not sure I can add much to this response other than all your points are "On Point!"
Thank you and please visit us again...soon..
Rich & Mike ;o)

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We stayed for 4 nights on a spring break trip. All of the staff was super nice and super helpful. The rooms were not the biggest, but for 1-3 people it was fine. We were not there to stay in the room, we were there for the beach! The location was great considering it was right beside the beach and (for the most part) in the middle of the boardwalk. The available beach supplies were awesome. The rooms were nothing special, but were clean and no problems. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Glad that you enjoyed your Spring Break & that we were able to enjoy our patio area for our 3rd Annual Meet & Greet last week. We hope that you come back to Sunny Hollywood Beach & The Coral House Hotel for Spring Break 2019 next year!
Rich

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

2 minute walk to beach. Older small hotel with charm. Very clean, cozy, small room with fridge, a/c, ceiling fan, stove, bed was a bit firm, small bathroom, good for 2 people. Super friendly staff. Old school florida.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank destinawoof
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Why do I feel FLEECED - ROLLED- and SUCKER PUNCHED-- ALL AT THE SAME TIME?-- It's a nice place to stay and after extending my trip several times-- (having spent over $6000 ) I tried to extend one last time and was told- in effect .... no room at the INN. It doesn't seem fair--spending so much money and being told I have to leave. They gave me an option of checking out for one night..... going somewhere else--then coming back to a different room. This to me made no sense at all. SO out I go.....
Make no mistake...I know these are good people..but something went wrong here.
Unfortunately- instead of leaving on a good note...I leave with a chip on my shoulder....and will not be returning.

Stayed: February 2018
RichAube, Owner at Coral House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Really??? You extended your stay three times with last minute notice to us and we accommodated you EACH time. During the busiest time of the year for our hotel when we were booked solid. We moved guests around that we booked in your room so your stay could be uninterrupted and you would not have to move rooms. Now when we cant do it for one nite you leave us this review on Trip Advisor.....

Really YOU feel sucker punched!!!!! Prime time of the year for our hotel and you are "sucker punched" with a $99-$109/nite room rate with an open reservation 1/2 block off the beach in Hollywood Florida!! I dont think so!

We appreciate your staying with us for this long of a period .......yes $6,000 is alot of money.....but if you had stayed at the Marriott or large hotel at the beach you would have paid 3 times this amount for a 2+ month stay and maybe they could have accommodated you better ...but i doubt it!

We are clean, quiet and affordable.....family run hotel 1/2 a block off the beach....we do everything we can to make our guest's stays enjoyable......vindictive reviews like this are really misleading to potential guests and damage our reputation unnecessarily.