“Excelent sushi and japanese food”
Review of Kuro

Kuro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kuro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 660 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The service and food were excellent. The atmosphere is very nice and warm. Excellent for meeting friends with good sushi and good japanese dishes.

Palma L, Guest Relations Manager at Kuro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hi Franklin, thank you for the high rating and kind words! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My favorite is live scallop sashimi, fresh, tender, melted in your mouth...it is definitely my number one pick of the night!

Crispy spicy tuna rice, a subtle hinted spicy, pleasant surprise!

Wagyu beef tacos and miso Chilean Sea Bass are average, BBQ duck breast was not worth to try.

Thank you for leaving your feedback, although we do hope we can earn a higher rating on your next visit! The Tuna Crispy Rice is a favorite, and so are the Wagyu Beef Tacos but we understand not every dish will please each guest. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Reservation at 8:30 and arrived at 8:25. There were 9 open tables where they could have placed us... two people. But they said our table was being prepared for us. We went to the bar to have a drink which seats 16 people. It took 6 minutes for the bartender to ask us what we wanted. When I asked for some water, it took him 5 minutes to get that. Finally they had our table for us as we requested a booth. It took this waitress 6 minutes to come over and she told us about the menu. She said it was family style but she meant to say " tapas portions"

Sorry, 24 dollars for 4 small bites of fish doesn't impress me.

We asked for water and ordered cocktails. Ten minutes later she comes back without our drinks and then walks right by our table. We got up to leave and I told the host at the front who really didn't care as all he said was " sorry to hear"

Won't try again

Palma L, Guest Relations Manager at Kuro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hi Gary, we're sorry to hear this was your experience! We take our guest feedback very seriously and look into all incidents. It seems you requested a specific booth that was not available, and there are other notes as well on this evening, but regardless we hate to hear this! We are addressing service issues with our staff, and we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

My daughter & I spent a weekend at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. We both love sushi and sashimi and looked forward to dinner at Kuro. It did not disappoint. We stopped at the bar first and had a drink. My daughter tried the Kyu and, with dinner, the Ni. She loved them both. I stuck with my favorites, Pinot Noir & hot sake with dinner.

Dinner was wonderful. My daughter had edamame and tuna tataki followed by some handrolls & soft shell crab as a main dish. I had (drum roll, please) uni and giant clam (!) as an appetizer followed by Chilean Sea Bass Miso. If you love sea bass, this one is not to be missed!

Would I go back to Kuro? Absolutely! Although I'd like it better if someone else paid the check

Palma L, Guest Relations Manager at Kuro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi Phyllis,

Glad you enjoyed Kuro and the overall experience. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The menu is moderate in size, but the choices are a great variation from the mundane. Service was excellent and the quality, freshness and portion size was incredible. Try the miso sea bass....to die for!

Glad you enjoyed dinner at Kuro! Can't wait to have you again :)