All reviews old florida love this place motel gulf beach island ami relaxation
Reviewed 1 July 2017

This was our second visit to Blue Water. The first was in 2012 and when we returned to Anna Marie with other grandchildren we decided to see if it was as good as first time. We were not disappointed. Very family orientated and friendly. We stayed in Room 224 was we liked. Looked like new tile and bathroom remodeled. People were all so nice and it seemed like each group as they left would leave behind pool and sand toys so we did the same! Only suggestion would be to get more better quality beach chairs, most in the closet were old and didn't look comfortable.

Room tip: first floor near pool great for families with small children but second floor had balconies so pick your needs
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Yes, for the most part, the facilities were very clean. The bathroom floor was either just old or not so clean: however, the rest of the bathroom and the little kitchenette was immaculate.There was a hair dryer and nice toiletries in the bathroom, but tiny soaps. There was a safe in the closet. Also in the large closet were several cracks and openings (to the outside?) around the A/C where I was concerned that crawling things might enter. Some of the walls were painted cinderblocks. No big deal; after all, that is old Florida! The bed was hard as a rock, but I managed to sleep fairly well.The wicker furniture would look better if it had a good spray painting. I had the impression that there were beach umbrellas in addition to chairs, but was told that they were not available due to liability? Bring your own umbrella. The studio was roomy and equiped with dishes, cups, glasses, utensils and practically new-looking pots and pans, microwave and coffee maker, kitchen linens and placemats.There was a small sink, small refrigerator, but it kept drinks surprisingly cold.There was only coffee in the office, no juice or cookies during my stay. There was someone cleaning the pool every day, and the water looked clean, but around the grooved edges, it looked moldy. I never saw anyone in the pool. I would recommend a balcony or recessed private patio which I did not have. I could see the ocean from my small "patio" and there were other shaded areas on the property that I could use. If you do not have this, you will be in the sun most of the day and not much privacy. I do feel that the price is a bit high, but I guess it is location...location and you can't get any better than oceanfront. I would return if it weren't for the drive and that Anna Maria Island is much more commercialized than I realized.

Room tip: Ask for a balcony or recessed patio.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peaches4769
Reviewed 13 May 2017

My best friend and I had a perfect week at the Blue Water Beach Club. The place was immaculate. The staff was attentive, and I loved how once people checked out, they gave extra food, flowers & rafts to those who remained...pay it forward! As for me, I LOVED the fresh oj, and being able to jump from the pool to the gulf at my whim.

Rumor has it this treasure of a place has been sold. I hope the new owners make a few updates, but keep it generally the way it is--intimate, clean and convenient. Paradise every which way.

Room tip: Check out their map online
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2017

My husband and I booked Blue Water Beach Club very late in the season. Anna Maria Island was a new destination for us and we were not sure what to expect. We were more than pleasantly surprised. We stayed in room 230 which has a balcony with a spectacular ocean view. Housekeeping is excellent, the grounds and pool were immaculate. Staff is very accommodating and knowledgeable. Manager Sebastian was always available to answer any questions we had. Looking forward to a longer stay next year. My only suggestion would be to offer more of the better quality beach chairs.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JCRCV
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 nights here, very friendly staff and very clean room & grounds. Walk right onto the beach, nice chairs waiting for you at sands edge. Short walk to great restaurants. We very much enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: April 2017