“Don't Trust”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holmes Beach
Blue Water Beach Club
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Holmes Beach
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I booked a room here months ago and was notified today (just days before my check in date) that the property had been sold and the rental agreement I had with the old owner would not be honored. Turns out the property had been sold back in Dec 2016, before my reservation was even made. They took my reservation, promised a particular room, took a credit card - even sent me additional confirmation at a later date - and didn't share the fact that there would not be a room available until days before my flight because of a planned renovation. They have absolutely no regard for their customers. There are no other options in this immediate area available for the same price point. These people are crooks.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank Emm76

Reviewed 14 September 2017

It's pretty Old Florida, more motel than hotel but it's perfect for us. Right on the beach, like 40 feet from our room, and the beach is not normally very crowded. We have stayed here before and we will again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbprc
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our second stay at BW, and I can best characterize as it as again quite pleasant. Nothing pretentious here--far closer to old island relaxation. The hotel is at least 40 years old and is nicely maintained. It's become our go-to location when visiting AMI. Recommended!

Room Tip: Western suites are closest to the Gulf
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patrick g
Reviewed 1 July 2017

This was our second visit to Blue Water. The first was in 2012 and when we returned to Anna Marie with other grandchildren we decided to see if it was as good as first time. We were not disappointed. Very family orientated and friendly. We stayed in Room 224 was we liked. Looked like new tile and bathroom remodeled. People were all so nice and it seemed like each group as they left would leave behind pool and sand toys so we did the same! Only suggestion would be to get more better quality beach chairs, most in the closet were old and didn't look comfortable.

Room Tip: first floor near pool great for families with small children but second floor had balconies so pick...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Yes, for the most part, the facilities were very clean. The bathroom floor was either just old or not so clean: however, the rest of the bathroom and the little kitchenette was immaculate.There was a hair dryer and nice toiletries in the bathroom, but tiny soaps. There was a safe in the closet. Also in the large closet were several cracks and openings (to the outside?) around the A/C where I was concerned that crawling things might enter. Some of the walls were painted cinderblocks. No big deal; after all, that is old Florida! The bed was hard as a rock, but I managed to sleep fairly well.The wicker furniture would look better if it had a good spray painting. I had the impression that there were beach umbrellas in addition to chairs, but was told that they were not available due to liability? Bring your own umbrella. The studio was roomy and equiped with dishes, cups, glasses, utensils and practically new-looking pots and pans, microwave and coffee maker, kitchen linens and placemats.There was a small sink, small refrigerator, but it kept drinks surprisingly cold.There was only coffee in the office, no juice or cookies during my stay. There was someone cleaning the pool every day, and the water looked clean, but around the grooved edges, it looked moldy. I never saw anyone in the pool. I would recommend a balcony or recessed private patio which I did not have. I could see the ocean from my small "patio" and there were other shaded areas on the property that I could use. If you do not have this, you will be in the sun most of the day and not much privacy. I do feel that the price is a bit high, but I guess it is location...location and you can't get any better than oceanfront. I would return if it weren't for the drive and that Anna Maria Island is much more commercialized than I realized.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony or recessed patio.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4.8 km away
Queen's Gate Resort
Queen's Gate Resort
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Blue Water Beach Club? Share your experiences!