US$153
HolidayInn.com
Reef Club(Indian Rocks Beach)
Gulfside Resorts(Indian Rocks Beach)
TripAdvisor
Indian Rocks Beach Suites(Indian Rocks Beach)
Agoda.com
Sunshine Cozy Cottages(Indian Rocks Beach)
TripAdvisor
Hamilton House Condominiums(Indian Rocks Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I wanted to surprise my Mom for her 70th birthday and Sea Star was my accommodation choice. I chose it for price and location. There were emails back and forth to shore up any details. Well, I get a call from the owner asking if we would accept an upgrade because the room we were supposed to get was rebooked by the same renters. Well, of course I said "Yes! I've never gotten a free upgrade!" When we arrived to our upgraded room, we were greeted by a baked birthday cake with candle and napkins included!
Bruce and Betty Ann pay attention to details and have worked hard to include the little things. We were there in October and our room was clean, had all the extras for cooking (even had a crock pot and cookbooks), and had seasonal décor. Beautiful. We didn't want to leave. They recommended local food places and sites to see. We WILL be back.

Room Tip: Stay in Room #9
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank weathrem
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Old lodging...dirty walls in kitchen and bathroom, beds are uncomfortable. As for the owners hospitality. We found them very rude. At first they seemed nice, offered to "help" unload our car. While we are private people we politely declined which seemed to cause offense to them. the very next morning, early, the owner "Bruce" was knocking on the door. I opened it with the chain on, he tried to step in, I advised we were all sleeping, he tried to step in again, the chain still on. I asked what did he need, he said for us to pay for the room. They had our deposit, normally you pay at check out, but whatever. I told him everyone was sleeping and can we do this in an hour or so. He said ok. We paid but every time we would say hi to them or try to engage in conversation they both were extremely rude. Claim to be Christians but whatever...didn't act it. We just ignored them after that. They seem very obtrusive and if you are private on who you let in your room and about your belongings they get offended...Our door only locked on the handle, deadbolt did not work, wind blew it open in the middle of the night...thank goodness for the chain...I would not go there again....or recommend to anyone we know....and we know a lot of people in Pinellas County...

Room Tip: Bad review
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Cathy B
seastar1948, Owner at Sea Star Motel & Apts., responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

We remember this particular weekend well. Hurricane Hermine was causing evacuations of the east coast of Florida. We had about 30 requests for our 9 available apartments.

The people that had the cottage had 2 dogs, and we usually do not take multiple dogs but we made an exception and did not even charge for the dogs. We did not raise our rates due to the storm. When an additional guest came for 1 night we did not charge. We have had guests pay when they check in for 16 years same policy as previous owners. I did not seek payment on the day of check in as it was late. I requested it the next day at 11:30 am not realizing they would be sleeping. I responded please see me when it is convenient. As far as trying to get in the door when not wanted in the apartment that just does not make any sense. I was not offended when they did not want my help in unloading, many of our guests are older and we always try and offer assistance. The dead bolt works fine in accordance with AAA requirements. It is operated from the inside but outside it can only be operated by the control key. Betty Anne remembers interacting with this guest offering things to do in the area. other than that I don't remember seeing them outside of the apartment, so I had no opportunity to be "unfriendly" We realize that this particular weekend was a very stressful one for many of our guests.

We were sold out and visited with many guests. I even bought one guest a dvd player so they could get movies. The plaster is very rough in the cottage and we will address the walls, Perhaps it is time for a new paint job. If a guest brings a problem to our attention, we always address it immediately. We have put back boards under mattress's and in some cases bought new mattress's. The Mattress's in the cottage were recently upgraded and we had not received any other complainants.

We are an older facility and will always be that, upgrading and changing apartments goes on throughout each year. We have always tried to address any complaints that a quest would have to make their stay a good one.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We really wished we could have stayed longer! The location is perfect... Indian Rocks beach access is right across the street. The owners are so kind and helpful. They let us borrow their wagon and beach chairs for when we walked down to the beach. They also provided us with a roll away bed for our daughter, which was so nice of them. The room was very cute and quaint. We did see just a couple roaches, but I think they were fleeing from the incoming hurricane. The entire courtyard was flooded the morning we left, so its understandable. The shower was also a dirtier than I would have preferred, but nothing I couldn't handle myself. One thing I would suggest is extra blankets in the room. The one thing quilt wasn't enough for my husband and myself.

It isn't perfect, but it's a great place for the price and location. We had a great time and would love to return when we go back to the area.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LedfootsWife
seastar1948, Owner at Sea Star Motel & Apts., responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thanks you for your review of the Sea Star, We were thankful that we got through hurricane Hermine as good as we did, A lot of water, and I agree that contributed to the bug walking through your apartment, we haves had really good results from our exterminator, and I know other places in the area that had a similar problem that weekend,

sincerely

Betty Anne and Bruce

Sea Star ownsers, resident managers,

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Stayed for 5 days and couldn't have been happier! VERY reasonable rates, CLEAN, QUIET, WELL KEPT room (efficiency). Beautiful area for walking the pups. Dog park close, lots of restaurants, bag of treats (for the dog!) when checking in. I live in Tampa, and plan on making this my "GO TO" beach place!

Room Tip: the "apartment" is on the second floor and should have a direct view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank jeffmiller1022
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Sea Star is a great value and the staff couldn't have been nicer. This is an old school FL property directly across the street from the beach, which is less sandy and quieter than being directly on the beach. The rooms aren't fancy but they are super clean and comfortable. The little kitchen was surprisingly well stocked with utensils. Realizing that we were there to do yoga, the staff stocked our little kitchen with bottled water and fresh fruit, which was very thoughtful. Another real bonus is that the Sea Star doesn't cater to the party all night like a rock star crowd. My friends and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank arachnid55
seastar1948, Owner at Sea Star Motel & Apts., responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

A big thank you to all of our guests that have reviewed the Sea Star.

We have many repeat guests, and are very grateful.

I want to retire and sit on the beach, but Betty Anne says we belong at the Se Star

so I compromise, we will be here for a long time,

Bruce

(assistant cleaning person) and owner.