“Nice change from regular beach fair”
Review of Jax Spice

Jax Spice
Price range: US$10 - US$33
Description: JaxSpice is a upscale Indian restaurant with a modern twist. Off entrees are packed with authentic flavors from India. Our wait staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about our dinner selections. Stop by to experience our one of a kind flavors from India with you family, friends, co-workers, or significant other!
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

For good Indian food at the beach I would try Jax Spice. Restaurant is large and airy, menu has a decent selection and the food was taste! It was a nice change of pace from all the burger, taco and pizza places at the beach.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I love this place. it is authentic and the best. great service and atmosphere. Got to try it. try the garlic bread and remember the codes for what is spice and not. Spice is real.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

They regrettably do not have a buffet but this place features a very modern space and decor with a large bar area a flat screen TVs. The menu is traditional and well executed. Parking isn't readily available but don't let that stop you from visiting.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My wife and I were on a date night and were recommended to try Jax Spice as they knew we loved Indian food. We were sat down right away and were asked what we would like to drink. I ordered a Mango Lassi as this is my all time favourite drink and my wife an unsweet tea. Almost immediately Anna (who I think was an owner) came over to welcome us. This was a nice touch. I said how loud it was and she apologized and said they were working on that and hoped it wouldn't spoil the evening. Anna also asked if we knew what we wanted and took our order personally. This speaks volumes about great service. She came over to check on us many times. I asked her if the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Chicken Korma were spicy at all, as most restaurants prepare it too spicy for our tastes. She assured me it was not spicy at all. We ordered them and naan bread. My drink was as good as anywhere I have had it. When the food came it was cooked perfectly and the naan bread was very good. I love to dip mine in the sauces. The portions were large and we had enough of each to take home another meal. Yum! Last but not least the pricing was very reasonable ($15 average for an entrée) and we will definitely come here often and highly recommend this restaurant to
anyone who likes Indian food.

Management response:Responded 1 August 2017

Hey David,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us. I am very glad that Anna was able to be helpful, she as the manager is a big part of our restaurant and we try to make all of our guests feel welcomed. We look forward to seeing you again in the future !!!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We dined here our first night in Jacksonville. The service was great, especially considering that we had a cranky toddler in tow. The appetizers--cauliflower and paneer tikka were delicious and the mains (order baingan and saag) were really well done! I've been to many South Asian restaurants and this was one was just wonderful. Even the dessert was (kulfi) was really worth mentioning. I only wish they offered Indian tea at the end! Would definitely recommend to other.