“Takeout crabcakes”
Review of Dwight's Bistro

Dwight's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dwight's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dwight's Mediterranean Style Bistro is Jacksonville's only Chaine des Rotisseurs member restaurant. This little bistro's strip-mall location gives no hint to the eclectic cuisine just inside its doors. The cozy dining room is adorned with charming accents, mosaic wall tiles, fresh flowers and a 100,000 cork collection. Sit at the bar and watch chef-owner Dwight Delude whip up his rustic fare or sit in one of three individually decorated rooms.. The menu changes daily according to Dwight's whims. Golden pan-fried crab cakes transport you beyond the Chesapeake Bay at first bite. Seafood including Sea Bass or New Bedford Sea Scallops are often an option, but the filet mignon with blue-cheese butter and balsamic reduction is a mainstay. Homemade ravioli come filled with Marcona Almonds, Truffled mushrooms or melted sweet onion, and are served as a side dish for the entrees. Plates overflow with fresh-grilled corn and seasonal vegatables, only adding to the generous portions. Discover why this little bistro is one of Jacksonville's best kept secrets
Reviewed 16 March 2018

The crabcakes were recommended by several locals. However, I visit the Eastern Shore of Maryland regularly and there is no comparison. The taste was good but the cakes were small and had more filler than I get at the Eastern shore.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner with friends! I was torn between the chillian sea bass and lamb chops. Waitress made a suggestion of half and half which was the best of both worlds! Next time we are in the area this will be a must visit! Delicious!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Went here for the first time last night and was extremely disappointed.. Food was okay, service was poor and the combination produced a highly over priced evening. Never again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Drove out to Dwights from St. Augustine to meet friends from Jax beach. The location of Dwights is next to a bakery, in a small nondescript building.The inside is small, and "kitchy", with pretty mosaic tile designs on all of the walls. They have small rooms in the back for private parties.
Since they make their pasta "in house", we were expecting "melt in your mouth" goodness. I ordered the ravioli of the day, which was artichoke. My plate had 4 large ravioli, with a small amount of the most tasteless tomato sauce I have ever had! BLAND! No seasoning, no flavor. The pasta dough tasted like a big blob of flour. The inside artichokes were just chopped up, with no spices, walnuts, spinach, or anything else to make it taste good.
I had already ordered the spaghetti puttanesca to go, and when I heated it up the next night, everything tasted burned, and again, the pasta tasted like raw dough. Very disappointing. We spent 3 weeks in Italy last year, and had delicious food every day.
The spinach salad was OK, but the dressing had a "funny" after taste. The table bread did not have any flavor either. Others at our table enjoyed the seared tuna and crab cakes appetizers.
My husband and our friends ordered the fettucini carbonara. Too much heavy cream and not enough flavor from the bacon, onions and garlic.
The desserts were good, and the service was excellent.
We had lobster ravioli the next week at Primi Piatti in Riverside, and the pasta, filling, and marinara sauce were superb.Such a difference!
I would like to recommend the best restaurant in the Jacksonville area for fresh home made Italian food, but will not, because the owner/chef called me at my house and told me I was not allowed to ever eat at his place again, because he did not like the Trip Advisor review I wrote!!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Food is average, but the prices are very high. My husbands $22 bolognese had barley any flavor. I had the veal piccata was ok, but not wow for the $30+ price tab. For the prices you except some fancy above average food.

My friend ordered a second glass of wine which we never got. Server seemed busy walked away in the middle of our order to deliver food to another table.

When you spend that much money you expect more.