Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Reviewed 7 June 2016

This was one of the best hotel experiences we have had! Location, quality of service, staff, breakfast, pool...all was superb! It is close to everything and we loved going to Jacksonville Beach. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2016

Dear Christine B:

We appreciate your business and the wonderful review of all the amenities that you like about our hotel.

We will see you next time.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We stayed at the hotel because we are familiar with Hampton Inns and this particular hotel is near Mayo Clinic. The staff were quick to assist with any questions; the rooms were very nice; the breakfast was very good. We always stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible because of the quality of rooms and service by the staff. This Inn was certainly in line with all our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear Larry M:

Thank you for being a loyal Hampton Inn guest! We pride ourselves in providing comfort combined with fine service.

We appreciate you writing this review so future guests can read this and have high expectations.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I stayed here for two nights on Memorial Day weekend and it was fine. I felt that it was overpriced for what it was and not as good of a value as you normally get with Hamptons, but it was Memorial Day weekend in a very "resorty" beach town, so you gotta figure that prices will be high.

The staff was friendly and got me into my room right away. The common areas of the hotel seemed relatively clean, though the elevators had lots of spills and stains all over the floors for the entire time I was there. The room itself was fine, minus a few stains on the carpet. The bedding was perfectly clean, however, as was the bathroom. In typical Hampton style, the room came with a microwave and a mini fridge which was useful. Neutrogena amenities in the bathroom (shampoo, conditioner, etc.). The room was an "adjoining room" or formerly adjoining, I suppose, so I could here the people next to me very easily. The walls were even more thin than I remember them being in Hamptons that I've stayed in in the past, so make sure you bring earplugs. Somebody next to me had a baby and I could hear the baby crying early in the morning. Again, bring earplugs.

The free breakfast was typical Hampton fare: eggs (powdered), some sort of bacon or sausage, make-your-own waffles, and then continental-type stuff: cereals, yogurts, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, bagels, etc. The breakfast is free so I always refrain from complaining about it. One of the reasons why I love Hamptons is not that the breakfast is fantastic, but that it's free, and when you need something to put on your stomach in the morning and don't want to pay for it, it's the way to go.

Speaking of free, parking was free and plentiful, and Wifi was also free. Always a plus.

The location, I felt, was very good. The beach is only a few minutes away, and there are lots of stores and chain restaurants and/or fast food restaurants nearby in case you need it. There's a Publix and a Target close by in case you forgot something in your suitcase and/or need some food items. The hotel was easy to find and easy to get to.

Overall, a nice stay, typical Hampton. Friendly staff, easy to get to, and a good location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, so bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Dear EmLovesCW:

Thak you for staying with us and giving a future guest an informative review of your stay.
I will make sure we stay on top of spills and drips in the elevator.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

Having recently stayed at a large Hilton property, I really found this Hampton was a much better stay. It had everything that I think is important for a hotel stay; very comfortable King bed,lots and lots of towels, soap, amenities in the room plus; coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Quiet room easy access, Super staff, hot full breakfast included, coffee and fruit int he lobby all day, a lovely pool, and a shuttle to dine around nearby. All at a very reasonable price. Top that Conrad!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear Sola123:

I have to thank you for writing a wonderful review of our hotel and complimenting the team and the brand of the amenities that we offer.

Our other brands like large full service Hilton's cater to a different market and are luxurious.

Hampton's have all the amenities of home including the complimentary breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to your next stay at a Hampton!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I contacted to reserve a room for my family and I thought there will be no rooms available. The staff was very patient and found the one room I needed and a price that I was able to afford and we did not have to worry any more. After 6 hours driving finding such a comfortable place was awesome. Great stay will do it again! Thank you Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mike_rind, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear eliezero900:

I am glad to see that my team was able to find a room at a reasonable rate for you!
We provide a great value for all the amenities that we offer.

We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
5.3 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.1 km away
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
3.9 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
5.5 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
3.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
5.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!