“Great sushi at the bar”
Review of Tomo

Tomo
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 22 November 2015

I agree with a prior review that the outside looks ok, and the inside looks a bit run down, but I went on a date and we set at the sushi bar. We ordered drinks and a few sushi rolls to share and the sushi staff accidentally made us the wrong roll, however, this was excellent because they let us keep it and it ended up being delicious and was my personal favorite (the Snow White). We also had the Shaggy and something I can't remember the name of but was spicy tuna and salmon. Very good sushi and service. The sushi chefs chatted with us and the server was efficient. There was a party in the other room so there was a singer and the music was fun. Overall - a good dinner!

Reviewed 31 August 2015

The outside of the restaurant looks fine, but the inside is a little seedy. That does not always indicate the quality of the food and staff, however, so I remained hopeful. Once inside, I was seated and ordered the katsudon (one of my favorite dishes) and a spicy tuna roll. While waiting for my food, the staff was a bit over attentive, but they were slow at the time so I let that pass.
Once the roll arrived, I tried it straight (no soy, wasabi, etc.) and found it adequate, although not anything to write home about. When the katsudon arrived shortly after, it appeared fine, but upon digging in, I found the rice to be overly dry top to bottom...none of the sauce had filtered its way down, as one would expect. The cutlet itself was good, as was the little bit of sauce present; as a matter of fact, the cutlet was a nice portion.
I am still considering returning to try the chashu ramen, as I have read good things about it, but I was disappointed in the katsudon, and underwhelmed by the roll. I should add that the tea was very good, however. Next time perhaps I will also try some of the Japanese beer they apparently have on tap as well...

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Not bad for authentic ramin. Pretty good. I will be back for their crawfish ramin. Happy hour also....with sushi can't beat that!!

Reviewed 11 July 2015

One of the most irritating dinners i have ever experienced
we went in for happy hour and an entree,
The place had about 5-7 other tables seated and either they were OVERSTAFFED or had too many trainers
but really i want to order get my food and just eat it
I dont care if I am a celebrity - LOL!

it's okay to ask me once how my meal is, I get it but to keep coming back taking dishes while i am eating, taking glasses while i am eating...gimme a break
my water glass was almost Full, I dont need to be asked if I want water, just top it up if you want to
LEAVE ME TO MY DINNER!

I dont need to meet 5 different serves, and cleaners and food runners
SHEESH! - Stop asking me things and let me EAT !
NEVER COMING back - and it is so sad, as the food was yummy,
it just wasn't relaxing - worst $$ i EVER SPENT for a MEAL

Reviewed 15 June 2015

This is off the beaten path in a neighborhood. It is authentic Japanese. They have Japanese Hot Pot...yes, the real thing. yYu must order 24 hours in advance. And oh wow....food Jax hasn't seen! The sushi is fresh and not your typical run of the mill fish. The presentation is not wow like other local places, but that shouldn't be the main focus. When eating sushi it's all about fresh.