“Sushi Tuesday!”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Salt Life has some very good menu items: I particularly love the Softshell Crab BLT. But maybe the best deal at the beach is on Tuesday when all their sushi rolls are $5. Even the lobster roll is $5 and it's excellent. The servers and bartenders are always friendly and efficient.

Salt Life F, Public Relations Manager at Salt Life Food Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

We're happy to hear that you enjoy our Soft-Shell Crab BLT and Tuesday sushi specials. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope you come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Went there for dinner before closing on a weekday. Servers are very friendly. The food was okay. My food was a little salty, but I tried my husband's tacos and there were pretty good. It's a good place to visit once, but I probably wouldn't go back again for a family meal.

Salt Life F, Public Relations Manager at Salt Life Food Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

We're happy to hear that you appreciated our service and atmosphere. We would like more information on the food items you selected. We sent you a private message and hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

In house made turkey burger. Probably one of the best I have had in a restaurant. Bar tenders were awesome and the ambiance has a relaxing, laid back beach feeling to it. Will definitely be returning.

Salt Life F, Public Relations Manager at Salt Life Food Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

We're happy to hear that you love our Turkey Burger. It is definitely one of our favorite handhelds. Stay salty and come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

I travel to the area on business a few times a year and simply can't stop dining at Salt Life. Not sure why they call it a food shack because it is far from that. Very contemporary yet Florida casual architecture is the setting for always good food, great service, and a good time. After four years of dining here it remains consistently good.

Salt Life F, Public Relations Manager at Salt Life Food Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

We're so happy to hear that we are one of your favorite stops on your business trips to the area. Thank you for being one of our fans and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This place is fantastic! I've been here a couple of times, and the vibe and the food are fantastic, and the service is well above average. The soft shell crab BLT is outrageously good, and the blondie/brownie dessert is killer. My only two complaints are that the menus themselves needed some help: the laser ink was coming off and I had a hard time reading some of the words, and even though I washed my hands before I sat down, they were so dirty I felt compelled to wash again after ordering. The other minor thing is that the salt shakers/mills on the patio had gotten so moist from the humidity that they didn't really work. Maybe an old-fashioned salt shaker with dry grains of rice inside would do the trick. I emailed this feedback to them after they wrote me asking my opinion, but I'm not sure they got the email. But I would still recommend going and checking out Salt Life!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Salt Life F, Public Relations Manager at Salt Life Food Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Thank you for the compliments on our food and service. We appreciate your feedback and we have shared this review with our management staff. We look forward to your next visit!