“Two Night Stay”

Casa Marina Hotel and Restaurant
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Upon checking in the location was beautiful & the lobby looked great. The check in desk was not very clean. The young lady had her food, & paper work all over the desk. My check out dates were wrong, but were corrected. I reserved a suite, but I was checked into a smaller room. The front desk girl said it was a better room than the suite. It was cozy enough.

Had dinner in their lounge which was great, followed by a few drinks. I called the front desk for more towels but, no answer. When I went downstairs she had ear buds in her ears so I see how she didn't hear the phone ringing. I managed to get her attention for the towel i needed, not very friendly though. The rest of the evening was fine.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 January 2018

How can I not give Casa Marina 5 Stars??! We held our Christmas party here last night and it was just perfect. Casey, the event manager, was excellent throughout the entire planning process. She stayed in constant contact with me, worked out the perfect plan and food all while staying below our budget.
We reserved the penthouse and rooftop area. This consists of a room with the bar and couches, another room of tables and couches and an outdoor area overlooking the ocean.
We had prime rib carving station, shrimp cocktail, fruit and cheese and passed hors d'oeuvres (chicken empanadas, spring rolls, chicken skewers, bruschetta and some sort of puff pastry with sausage inside...my personal favorite). Everyone said the food was excellent (with the exception of the bruschetta we all agreed it was not great).

They decorated the room so beautifully with a small tree and wreaths around the room. White tablecloths and red poinsettias were the perfect touch. We would absolutely recommend this as a party venue (corporate or personal).

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I decided to combine business with pleasure when my office had their Christmas party here and stayed over for two nights. I requested a handicapped room and was absolutely assured via email from one of the managers that they were fully equipped for my needs. I mentioned in my email that I required a sit-down shower, and since the reply stated they were able accommodate me I assumed this was so. When I got there to check in I again asked if I had a handicapped room and I was assured I had booked same. Well, it turns out that this hotel's idea of "Handicapped" is "The Room Closest to the Ramp" - that's it! The bathroom was a regular bathroom - the toilet was too low and it just had a regular bathtub - no shower chair, no transfer rails. The biggest hurdle was the bed: I am 5' tall and the top of the bed hit me ABOVE MY NAVEL. This would be too high for me to get up on if I was young and able-bodied - IMPOSSIBLE for someone who regularly uses a wheelchair. Fortunately, I carry two collapsible step-stools in my truck and I needed one for me and one for my 6' husband to get into the bed! The bed super comfy once I managed to drag my butt up there but getting in/out was rather difficult. The room itself was also too small to accommodate a wheelchair - getting it into the room required I open the door, wheel into the bathroom in order to close the door behind me, then turn and go out into the room that was too narrow for me to get my chair to the other side of the bed. Leaving required me to reverse the process. I must say the saving grace for this place was the demeanor of the staff - EVERYONE was so incredibly nice! They could do nothing to help me as, well, the building is very old and built well before ADA was a thing, but they were so sweet about I actually felt bad about complaining. Bottom line is this: If you're able-bodied and able to scale the steps, the rather steep ramps, the skyscraper-height bed, able to shimmy about in the small room, and require only a standard bathroom, then this place a charming antique hotel with a sweet staff. If you need a truly handicapped room you're better off at a chain hotel. If my office has their party here next year I will be staying elsewhere.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Beverly B
Reviewed 3 January 2018

First off, this hotel is a little rough around the edges, but that IS NOT a bad thing! It's old but it's very cool. Our room didn't look like your typical hotel room. There was a living room area, then the bathroom was in a hallway area and then the bedroom was separate. Also there was a great view of the ocean. The continental breakfast was delicious and the staff was charming. We ate dinner in the penthouse restaurant and it was delicious. Not a ton to pick from but we like it! We would love to go back when we can stay longer!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Came from Central Florida for family Christmas. In the past the has attended church services and then had a fine dining meal. This year the mob wanted brunch and this place was chosen. We hosted the mob several years ago for Easter and had some experience there.

We arrived on time and were immediately seated. Server was friendly as he explained options and beverage choices.

Most members were happy and enjoyed themselves but there were several problems. Of the proteins the Ham was flavorful and moist. the Prime Rib was cooked properly but flavorless and bland. There was an egg station but the chef was overpowered by demand, He had two small pans to cook in, one time I counter ten people waiting. Vegetables had the same issue, flavorless and bland. Stuffing had small degree of flavor, mashed potatoes had none. Hummus was probably the worst I have had in years; absolutely no flavor and no hint of garlic.

For dessert I tried Bread Pudding, this was excellent.

Overall I do not think this met the expectation.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
0.9 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
0.6 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
0.4 km away
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
1 km away
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
3.4 km away
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
4.5 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Casa Marina Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!