“Very poor”

Get food delivered
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Joe's Crab Shack offers a variety of favorites from all parts of the sea and shore. From its extensive menu, guests can choose from buckets of seasonal seafood, fried shrimp platters and fish dishes, as well as options from the "mainland" that include steak, sandwiches, and chicken. Guests can indulge in over-sized and creative cocktails, such as the Shark Bite which is playfully garnished with a shark toy. Since its inception, Joe's popularity has stemmed not only from its menu, but also its retail store. With various pieces of merchandise for purchase, including the ever-popular tie-dye T-shirt with the phrase "Peace, Love and Crabs," Joe's has become synonymous with the word "fun."
Reviewed 29 January 2021

I would like to say the food was great and the service superb however that wasn’t the case. The doors were open, the lights were on, the staff was there but they said the place was full. Odd I could see the entire dining room with only one table occupied. The female manager just dismissed us. My wife and I eat out almost 5 days a week. We won’t be back.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (846)

Reviewed 18 January 2021

Waitress was horrible. The food was cold. That was a lot of money paid for horrible food and experience.

Reviewed 12 January 2021

The restaurant has free parking. It is a typical Joe's Crab Shack seafood restaurant with full bar service and patio dining available. It has an ocean view from the building. It was quite busy when I visited and the staff acted like they had no idea what to do. After waiting about 15 minutes just to find out there was a lengthy wait for a table, I asked about sitting at the bar and was told that the bar had open seating. I took advantage of that. After a lengthy wait to give my order (from their disappointing new menu) to the bartender, I had a lengthy wait for my food (a chicken garden salad--with no chicken!). COVID-19: employees were not properly masked and customers were, likewise, not masked. There was no effort to provide for social distancing. I also saw the bartender place the used paper menus in a pile, presumably for reuse.

Reviewed 6 January 2021 via mobile

Best view in Jax Beach on large, raised deck. Food choices limited and uninspired. Only thing I’ve liked here is peel & eat shrimp which I can make at home for less $ in 3 minutes. Service leaves much to be desired. Never feels clean. It’s a shame because they could make so much money if they upped their game given outstanding location. We still go sometime for lunch just for the beach view.

Reviewed 3 January 2021

What restaurant do you know of, that would have a short staff on a holiday, much less on a Friday night?
Our party of 3, checked in @ 5:30, were told the wait was at least 45 minutes to 50 minute wait. Ok, no problem since it was early. I noticed when I first checked in, there were SEVERAL empty cleaned tables and several with dishes on them – approx. 10 to 12 tables. So we waited and waited. After close to an hour goes by and I go back to the host to check on my status. He tells me how long did I tell you, so I told him, he said it might be about 15 to 30 minutes longer. Ok. I continue to see parties coming in, that seem to have come in after us. I also noticed dirty and cleaned tables still available. Around 7 pm, I go back to check on my table, the Host tells me we are next, table is being cleaned and will take about 2 minutes....not! So I stand there until he is about to seat me. I ask, are you short handed tonight or what as I see lots of empty tables.. and they have been this whole time. He says, yes and well no... the kitchen is behind and instead of having you wait at your table for an hour, we have you wait outside..wait what?? We proceed to our table, a guest walked by and said to me, be prepared to wait an hour for your food! I then ask him if it’s going to take an hour to get our food, he said no. Well it did...very slow service, we had to ask for items we needed, our bill and then had to have someone else ring us up, after we stood up by our table. The host asked me if it was a long wait for our food, I said YES...
Tables were still empty the entire time we were there, I only couted about 4 or 5 wait staff members.
Again I repeat – what popular restaurant would be short staffed, even in the kitchen on a holiday weekend, and on a Friday night.
Food good but not as good as it used to be.
Joe’s Crab shack, you lost me! get your act together.

2  Thank Siteseer1