“The wait is your first clue....and it's worth every minute!!”

Captain Charlie's Reef Grill
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Juno Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2017

This place truly knocks it out of the park! Completely non-descript strip mall situation and inside is kinda loud, pretty large, and PACKED with people. And there's a reason why.... The menu here is EXTENSIVE - most comprehensive menu I've seen here in 2 weeks of eating at several restaurants. And they have a wonderful menu of "smaller portion" meals for around $13.00 that are plenty big enough for the average person. There were four of us and all of us LOVED our meals. I had the smaller portion blackened swordfish and vegetable kebab over lemon linguini. Everything was perfectly seasoned - DELICIOUS zucchini and tomatoes!!! OH. SO. GOOD!!! My husband had the macaroni and cheese dish with seafood (forget the name) and he said it was bursting with good flavor. OH, and first we shared a bowl of the soup of the day - potato leek with shrimp. This was the yummiest full of shrimp soup and I seriously could have eaten a bucket of it myself. So tasty! Our friends had the crab mushroom soup and they devoured that while exclaming how delicious it was. They also had the grouper cheeks (her only complaint is that she wished it was less drenched in sauce), a side of beans and rice which I tried and it was sensational - perfectly seasoned. Her husband had the shrimp scampi which he reported was excellent. For dessert we all had the caramel sea salt ice cream which was beautifully presented with swirls of caramel and chocolate sauce and whipped cream. This was super good - a "tad" on the icy side. It could have been just a touch creamier but it was delicous nonetheless. Wish we had tried Charlie's sooner because I would like to work my way through the entire menu!!! We WILL be back next year!!!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

You cannot go wrong here. I love the blueberry tuna medallions and their fresh fish of the day - I love the hogs appear - is great with rice and beans. Always go for the homemade ice cream and desserts. Their cobblers are superior.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This is my hands down favorite place to eat. It's very casual but w delicious food. They have been around forever and have expanded several times. Even so they are always crowded so plan ahead. They continue to offer the freshest seafood with the most unique pairings of tastes. They have a full page jammed packed w specials each night along with a printed menu which I never get to. It's hard to get past the many creative appetizers but if you can their numerous fresh fish offerings include some fish that is unique to our Florida seas. The fish can be prepared in various ways and the wait staff is happy to help you with that decision. And I love their version of black beans and rice as a side. It's rice w some beans (not runny bean soup) with a little seasoning. Also, my favorite dessert ever is here, chocolate pate w raspberry drizzle. They have several special dessert offerings every night along w their regulars. You could eat here every night and it take you months to get them the menu. They are also known for their wine offerings. And there are seats at the bar which many people enjoy becuz you are looking at the cooks and the bar tenders are engaging.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

* High quality food. The tortilla pizza was great. Soups were very good.
* Lunch prices were very reasonable

* Servers were grouchy. Not a pleasant wait staff.
* Atmosphere was just okay

Locals really seem to enjoy this restaurant. Experience would have been better with more pleasant wait staff.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Honestly this place may have the biggest menu I have ever seen. The food is amazing and not expensive and the staff is awesome. There is usually a wait but it's worth it and you can go down a couple door and have a glass of wine and they will come get you. Highly recommended.