“NICE STAFF!! CLEAN CANOE”

Canoe Outfitters of Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I had wanted to do this for a long time but couldn't get anyone familiar with canoes to go with me. Then my younger brother (64) came to visit and said he's experienced and would like to do it too. So we rented the canoe from the nice staff and went on our way. In circles!!! Apparently my brother misjudged his ability and was only making me dizzy. I decided to return the canoe and the staff was nice enough not to laugh at us for being back ten minutes after we left. They have a nice facility, the canoe was clean and the staff was very helpful ... but apparently could not instill more experience in my younger brother. <grin> I hope to go back later with someone who can steer a straight canoe. <grin>

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Rented 2 kayaks for my 12-year-old grandson and me. Very good service, well-kept kayaks, nice trip up the river. My only quibble: the paper map they give you gets wet and disintegrates after the first 10 minutes of the trip. Sure would be nice to have it laminated; I'd pay a buck extra to have a map I could read!

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Not sure what canoeing down the Amazon feels like, but going north on the Loxahatchee River might be the next best thing. Lots of shade. When the water is high, going north, is a beautiful experience. However, it is a technical river. There are hairpin turns (some technique is involved). Experience some adventure when seeing a gator or if luck is in play, might see some otters. However, it can be a workout when the water is low--possible portaging. --I've canoed north about 50 times.
*Another option would be to go south--calmer and wider, pretty scenery.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

We have been rented from Canoe Outfitters on many occasions, great people and a fun day on the water!
This is a family friendly event.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2015

The Cypress Canopy run on the Loxahatchee River was exquisite. It feels like one is paddling through time to the Jurassic. It's shady and covered, so this paddle can be done even on hot days. There is one portage over a small dam, but it can be done in boat going N and carrying the boat going S. USE INSECT REPELLENT!! Every able bodied person in Florida should do this at least once. Reasonable price. They say 3.5 hours to do the tour, but I'm a little person and did it in 2.

1  Thank MontereyFoodie