“A hidden gem”

Price range: US$7 - US$45
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Description: This quaint neighborhood gem has been established since 2002. Owner operated we specialize in Fresh Market Ingredients, fresh fish, and Hereford Cut Steaks, as well as many comfort dishes, such as Lamb Pie, Fish and Chips, and Liver and Onions. Our Signature dishes are Fresh Dover Sole, Beef Wellington and Lobster Ravioli. Signature desserts are our Grand Marniere or Chocolate Souffles, as well as the best most Authentic Irish Coffee this side of the Atlantic. There are no strangers here only friends who have not met yet.
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Bistro is hidden away in nice little shopping area of fine shops. Locals love it and we did too, taken there by locals. Limited wine selection.4 or 5 reds with 4 or 5 choices of each. Whites same. Great outdoor seating. Comfortable.
Service was spotty, but not a problem. Food very good.
Park around back. That's where main entrance is.

Declan H, Owner at Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for the very positive feedback. Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We went last March and had a bad experience. We had not returned for almost a year. Bistro used to be my go to favorite restaurant. Food was excellent. Service was professional. Prices were very good. Owner was hands on.
Our friend made a reservation on Opentable. We arrived a little early for our 6:30 reservation. We were taken to a high top table in the bar area. We are older people and high table just doesn't work. We were told that is the Opentable reservation, not too politely. Now, I'm not happy. We were told we could sit outside where they have heaters. That was not too appealing because it was windy. Finally they found a table in the rear where it looked like they did have other tables.
A waitress came and took our drink orders. After that a waiter came. He seemed friendly enough. Problem is he just did not listen. I ordered the wedge salad but asked that they use goat cheese and a different dressing. It came out with Gorgonzola and different dressing. I sent it back and said let's make it easy and do a Caesar salad with no anchovies. I fully expected the waiter to bring my salad into the kitchen and exchange salads as everyone else at my table had their appetizers. It didn't happen. 10 minutes later after me asking where my salad was he came out with a Caesar salad WITH anchovies. I said I did not want anchovies. He said I thought you didn't want croutons. Those items don't sound the same to me. I told him to take the salad and forget it. I think a GOOD waiter would have gone to the kitchen, got a salad with NO ANCHOVIES and brought it right back and apologized and said this is on the house. He didn't.
My wife and friend ordered lamb with mint jelly. Of course it came out without mint jelly. It had to be asked for and they had to wait. I ordered beef Wellington medium rare with NO GREENS, possibly extra potatoes. Of course I got greens.
It took almost 90 minutes to get our entrees. The manager type who was difficult as we entered walked by our table. I asked if there was a problem with the kitchen tonight. We are waiting almost 90 minutes for food. He said he would check with the kitchen and waiter and get back to me. I'm still waiting for his response!
We ordered 2 deserts that 4 of us wanted to split. We had no flatware left. The desert came and we had to ask for flatware. We were given 2 forks. We said we'd like 2 more. It was like pulling teeth.
Our waiter never came by our table to see if we wanted more drinks so we only had 1. I didn't drink as I was driving. We had to request water refills.
Service was just terrible! When I used to go here a lot the owner was always here watching the operation. It ran much better.
The food is still good when you get it but my friends fish and chips was not hot when he got it. The lamb was not cooked as ordered.
Right now, Bistro is surviving on reputation and memories of customers. It's ratings has slipped dramatically. It used to be a top 5 restaurant in Jupiter. It's not even in the top 50 now. At this rate, soon it won't be in the top 100.
There are so many great restaurants in the Jupiter area. There is NO need to go to one where food is good, the prices are high and the service is slow and terrible. Sadly, we will not return.

Declan H, Owner at Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear Mr Cocozza

Sorry you had a bad experience.

To clear up your reservation concerns. When one makes a reservation on opentable, the Open Table system will allocate whatever table is available, inside or outside, bar or dining room it does not have the ability to differentiate. You do however have the ability to make a note of your preferences as far as inside or outside or Bar or Dining Room but if you don't specify your preferences we don't know until you get here. We go through those requests before every service, and always do our utmost to honor all requests whenever humanly possible. We make you aware of that when you don't like the options left so you are not disappointed again in the future. The open tables in the dining room when you arrived would be the tables we were keeping for the people who had specified a preference either on Open table or by phone. We feel that we should give those requests priority, as they have specified what they want. We are certainly not trying to not give you a table that you like, and only want you fully informed as to the reason we are not able to accommodate., I am very sorry if that comes across as impolite it is definitely not our intention. In relation to the salad you are correct when you were not happy with the salad, we should have just brought the Caesar with no Anchovies, but we dont carry Gorgonzola Cheese, so Im not sure how to address thatcomplaint. , We did have a table or two that ran late on Saturday, I was expediting on Saturday and am very aware of the times that food takes to get to the table but we were no where near 90 minutes on any table. We aim for no later than 45 minutes for entrees and sometimes for well done items it will take a little longer, to hit the table as we cook everything to order, The Lamb Racks were ordered Medium and Medium Well, we had three tables that were closer to 55 minutes and yours was one of those . I spoke with my manager and he did acknowledge that he was so busy he was not able to get back to you to tell you your food was coming but he did come to me in the kitchen, and I told him your table was the next one up, so he knew it was coming but should have returned to tell you, and again we are sorry for that. I acknowledge that I needed a stronger management presence on the floor on the night you were here. The condiment and substitution requests should definitely have been handled more professionally. Truthfully we were filling in some last minute gaps. I am the same owner that has been here for 15 years and am still very much hands on. On this particular evening I was less visible as I was in the kitchen. I believe we are still very much one of the top restaurants in Jupiter and beyond and would welcome the opportunity to prove that to you. Please reach out to me at 561-373-7723, so we can set that up.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Visited for Happy Hour, had been here in the past for dinner, which was great as well. Our friends arrived a little early for happy hour, the weather was cool and looked like rain. They asked if it was OK if they went into the bar as it was 10 mins prior to opening. They did not receive a warm welcome with this request from the hostess, in fact they considered it rude......however, lucky for them, they went to the outside bar and Cathleen, sweet Irish young women, welcomed them and all of us. She was just setting up the bar, but she was so welcoming and friendly, we knew we found the right place to enjoy our happy hour. We tried several appetizers, all run around $8.00, which is a little more than the normal 5-6 prices out there, but worth it. Great variety on the menu, the salmon was fabulous, lamb lollipops and seared tuna were our faves. The weather had cleared, yet they provided heat lamps and we stayed longer than we had expected. Cathleen seems to have a "following" and I can see why, she is awesome. Bistro is a quite, quaint upscale environment, you can actually hear your group without having to yell over a musician. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We enjoyed the early dining discount and fixed priced dinner with a lovely outside table. Although this place is in a strip mall, they managed to create an outstanding ambiance. Our meal was outstanding. My only confusion was not realizing one of the soufflés was an up charge. Would have appreciated our server mentioning this when I ordered.

Declan H, Owner at Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Thank you we appreciate the positive response and the feed back, we do try to mention the upcharge even though it is written on the menu just for clarification purposes, but obviously we were remiss. I apologize and will mention it at tomorrows pre-shift meeting.

Regards Declan

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

In my opinion service was pretty bad. They were inattentive, slow and probably understaff.

The bread and the little pate were really good. They duck spring roll was also very good. However we had mixed feelings with the entrees.

The calves liver was ok.

The escargots (we ordered one as an entree) were terrible. We should probably stop ordering escargots around because they just don't cook them right.

The snapper was poorly presented and the portion was unacceptable for the cost. The mashed potato tasted like from a bag. The spinach were too buttery killing any chance for having a healthy dish.

The rack of lamb was not good.

The onion soup was good and the salad was ok.

The crab cakes were terrible. Literally terrible.

The cheese ravioli were really good.

To sum up. If you end going to this place expect average to bad service and just order the pasta from the entrees.

We will not be coming back.

3  Thank Piscus

Been to Bistro? Share your experiences!