“Great Cuban Food ”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We met Cuban couple that told us to go to Copacabana because it was authentic Cuban food. We are glad we listened to them because everything we had we excellent. Very tasty food.. highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We have lived in Fort Lauderdale for 25 years, and moved up to Jupiter recently. We have been looking for an authentic Cuban restaurant and were thrilled to find Copacabana. The moment I stepped in the place, I was warmly greeted by the very friendly staff.
After experiencing a terrible time at a nearby restaurant, we were just looking for somewhere to sleep in and have a quick bite. We both ordered delicious appetizers Hubby ordered the pork chunks, I ordered chicken chunks which were not on the menu however but they knew what we wanted and hooked us up.
I just love Cuban food, and they did not disappoint! I had the deep fried red snapper with steamed yucca.. so good! Hubby had chicken and red beans and rice. We were thrilled, and filled.
Thank you so much to the wonderful staff at Copacabana.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The Cuban sandwich was great, black beans and yellow rice are very tasty. They have a happy hour which is BOGO beers. They also have a nice patio and are dog friendly

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Two of us decided to make a reservation at Copacabana for Friday night, 12/15/17 to check it out, since we heard the food was good. I think passable is a better word.
We arrived at 7:30PM for our reservation and found the place half empty, including the bar area.
After being seated, and handed our menus, we decided on drinks. I ordered an apple martini and my wife chose one of their featured drinks. Two minutes later the waiter returned with one drink and said they can't make an apple martini, they don't have the apple pucker? Are you kidding me, you can't make a simple apple martini? I had a Tito's straight up instead. Not a good way to start a first time visit considering they have a full bar selection, as advertised.
They had a musican starting to play and as the evening progressed, the music got so loud, that we couldn't even speak to one another, we were yelling just to be heard across from each other.
We ordered one Fish and Shrimp dish and one Steak, Pork and Chicken combo entree with fries. The dishes looked good and tasted OK, nothing great, just passable. The waiter had no personallity and was never engaging, we were there to eat after all.
The bill was over $90.00, and for that type of money, there are dozens of better Cuban places to go that have it all. Sorry...this is not a place I would go back to.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a dinner meal of Ropa Vieja, a
shredded beef (flank steak) and vegetable dish that resemble a heap of colorful rags – that’s Ropa Vieja. From the Spanish term for “old clothes”, this is one of Cuba’s most popular and beloved dishes, if not the national dish. The flavor of it here was excellent. We enjoyed it along with the plantains and arroz con frijoles negra (black beans and rice). Worth visiting Abacoa town center to enjoy.

Been to Copacabana? Share your experiences!