“Gluten Free Heaven! (Vegans, too!)”

The Mindful Mermaid Cafe Llc
Ranked #83 of 142 Restaurants in Key Largo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The conscientious and friendly staff provide celiac-friendly GF options and even vegan GF food! Healthy didn't override the delicious, though. Kids liked the burgers and fries and smoothies so much. I'm thankful for a place where I can eat gluten-free food without worrying. (Can you say, separate fryer? Sweet potato tots? Yum!) It's a little bit expensive for a cafe lunch but they really go out of their way to be cautious and use super fresh, healthy ingredients so it's well worth it for anyone who's health conscious but still wants great food.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

We stop here every chance we get! Awesome place...love the atmosphere. Hoping they will add more VEGAN meals soon..esp breakfast. However, this is a great place for me to find something vegan on the menu and for my husband (non-vegan) to eat as well Thank you!

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I had lunch at this quaint cafe. The owner very pleasant and knowledgeable .She has healthy organic food. I had a cheese burger cooked med. It was excellent. Grass fed beef no hormones or antibiotics. Burger was very juicey. And full of flavor .There are a variety of healthy culinary delights. Juices, sandwiches, salads, etc. And tastey gluten free,and vegan dishes. I highly recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We went to renew my husband's driver's license at Tarpon Basin Blvd & US 1 on Key Largo. To our delight, we saw this little café in the same store front. Outdoor café tables, inviting signs, culinary curiosity, and hunger, lured us in. Mermaid paintings, drawings and wall sculptures. Tie dye. 60's Rock playing in the background, loud enough for nostalgia, but low enough to enjoy conversation. We ordered burgers and fries. The Kaiser rolls are delicious and the fries are crispy. They also have vegan and gluten free meals on the menu. Friendly service, people reading newspapers. A place to feel comfortable lingering.