“Pleasantly Surprised Good prices, Good Food. ”

Alfredo's Cookhouse
Ranked #68 of 138 Restaurants in Key Largo
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Alfredo's recently opened here in Key Largo Florida.
I was pleasantly surprised with the food presentation, flavors, menu choices and prices.

I ordered a rib eye and it was cooked perfect, as ordered, tasted great and came with 2 sides. I had french fries and vegatables. Menu price $20. I believe this was most expensive dinner. Most dinners were $12-$16 range and sandwich menu was about $8-$10 . This makes Alfredo's one of the more reasonable priced with quality good in Key Largo.

The service was decent, my server seemed a bit distracted. Maybe he is new to waiter type position and needs to develop with more experience. He was knowledgeable about menu ... but not too personable. Not an issue though.

I'll definitely be stopping back here to taste the Mexican dinner offerings and they even have Japanese selections too. Plus I want to check out the breakfasts they offer in the mornings.

2  Thank One_Happy_Sailor

Reviewed 5 August 2017

They have a pretty large menu selection, from Seafood to Mexican to Habachi to basic Burgers and sandwiches. Newly opened from previous business closing, so have remodeled and is nice and clean. Still waiting on their liquor license today.... but plan on having liquor offered in near future.

3  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

So my wife and I went to this place the weekend after it opened (we had been there when it was D’Hookers before (which I still find to be a terrible name for any eatery of food)) but couldn’t place what had changed.

We waited about 10 - 15 minutes before being seated and then proceeded to wait about 65 - 70 minutes for our food after ordering. We noticed some people leaving before their food arrived but we were patient as we wanted to check out what we started calling Keys Bite 2 (the cook was the main cook from Keys Bite AND we recognised two wait staff from Keys Bite).

I ended up getting the Burger from the Border with sweet potato (boil ‘em, mash ‘em, stick ‘em in a stew) fries. The burger was nice but nothing that blew me away. My wife had the mahi tacos and, if I remember correctly, she had a similar experience.

We are just hoping they get their act together and are able to cope with more people as the days roll on. I don’t see it should be a problem as there was enough staff waiting on peeps but I couldn’t see into the kitchen. Anyway, might give it a go again once it is established and serves booze (no license yet).

1  Thank Martin R