“Cuban coffee”

Shorty's Cafe
Ranked #88 of 141 Restaurants in Key Largo
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican, South American, Puerto Rican
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

My first taste of cuban coffee. I'm hooked. I've been here twice and plan to stop on my way home. Wonderful coffee.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I saw this small cafe mentioned on Tripadvisor as having really good coffee, so on our way from Everglades City to Marathon, Florida, I stopped at the Marathon gas station located in Key Largo to fill up the gas tank and to get myself a quick pick me up. I walked inside and the two women at the counter were speaking Spanish to one another, but knew English just as well and were very friendly. I ordered a two large cups of Café con leche, one for me and one for my wife. They made the drink very quickly and it was piping hot, so I decided to get back in my car after filling the car with gas and continue our drive and wait for my coffee to cool down. Once cooled down and I was able to take a sip of my coffee, Oh My....., this is one tasty coffee. It was a perfect balance of espresso taste and sweetness. It reminds me of a Starbucks Doubleshot Espresso, but cheaper and better. We visited this gas station 3 more mornings during our trip to start our morning off right with this cup of deliciousness. Do yourself a favor and if you find yourself in the Key Largo area, get yourself a cup of Café con leche and you can thank me and the lovely lady who made it for you later.
I hope my review helps you my fellow travelers out.
P.S.- I did not have any of their fresh sandwiches, but there were plenty of customers coming in and ordering some and commenting on how good they were.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 30 March 2016

When I see a cafe that is integrated into a gas station, I don't usually think I'm going to get great food. I'm a new resident down here, and this is apparently a fairly common arrangement. Most places are gas station convenience stores with, at best, microwavable offerings that frankly scare me. Shorty's has a convenience store section, but it also has a reasonably nice cafe with seating. The ambience is far from 5-star dining, but it is clean and organized, The service is fast, efficient and pleasant - even if, like me, your grasp of ordering in Spanish is almost non-existent.
I decided that the burrito ordered by the customer in front of me looked good. The fillings are to order, and a burrito here is not tied to a particular size or weight - The more fillings you get, the bigger the burrito is. Mine was plenty for lunch and it was actually ordered and prepared while I was fueling my truck. I don't think I tied up the pump more than two minutes past the time it took to fill my tank.
The burrito was truly excellent, and the price was very reasonable!

Reviewed 3 March 2016

The cuban sandwich was good and the empenadas were tasty. Located inside fast store/gas station with cafe tables and chairs. Cuban coffeee yummy too.

1  Thank Tammy P
Reviewed 27 October 2015

The food here is really good. When I get a chance i indulge!!
they also have lunch specials. Can't go wrong

1  Thank michelle9922