“Thai Food in Key West - a great surprise”

Thai Island Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #170 of 450 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Thai, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palm Ave
Transit: Key West bus pickup and drop off location is just a few blocks from the restaurant and is at the intersection of Eisenhower Dr. and Truman (US 1). Please walk north down Eisenhower and make a right another immediate right into the Garrison Bight parking lot just before the bridge. The three story house with patio is Thai Island Restaurant.
Description: Thai Island is a large waterfront Thai and Sushi patio restaurant that opened Valentine's Day 2008. Thai Island's menu contains one of the largest selection of fine fresh ingredients: including locally harvested thai herbs and spices combined with local noodles, meats and seafood used in preparation of traditional thai dishes. In addition to onsite dining, Thai Island also delivers to all locations within Key West as well as on Stock Island.Also on the same property and at this waterfront location is the newly renovated Barrelhead Bar, which is the site of the 1989 filming of the James Bond "License to Kill" movie, starring Timothy Dalton. Enjoy happy hour with our locals: including our experienced boat captains.
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Thai Island is up some steep stairs with a choice of outside (often windy) patio (overlooking water) or casual inside dining. The food is very good. The Satay and Gyozo appetizers are great. Dinners such as classic Pad Thai or Chicken with eggplant were very good. Out of the mainstream Key West, it's a good place with parking on the Bight (marina) near Charterboat Row.

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

We had lunch on the upper deck. Our food came quick and was very good. You can order off their lunch menu til 3 pm. The view off the marina area is relaxing while you eat. We had Thai ice tea to drink. We love the tea but it was $4.00 per glass which is a bit pricey for Thai ice tea.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

Visited last Friday evening on our way out of Old Town Key West. The food was good, as was the service, however the evening entertainment really made our night - great covers! My son said hs sushi was "slightly above average" and my daughter's sweet and sour was a bit bland, but the other four diners in our party were happy with their meals.

Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Very Good Place, Great food, good service and the price was fair. Adorable and truly Thai Food. We ordered shrimp with Jasmine rice, with vegetables and oyster sauce

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

I was craving for some sushi so my friend and I decided to go to Thai Island. We've heard about the restaurant from one of our friends who apparently is there "at least twice a week." I personally think however our friend's HYPE was a little too exaggerated. The sushi was good. I liked the size of the rolls; I've been to sushi places that made them too big to eat with one bite. I had the Rainbow Roll and she had the fried rice. For appetizer, I had the summer rolls. We sat outside on the porch area. There was a nice view of the water and the charter boat dock. The service was pretty alright, we did have to wait a while for our main order but it was overall an ALRIGHT experience. The restaurant/sushi bar is upstairs and there's a regular bar downstairs. I'd go there again.