Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic Dive Experience

Went on the Vandenberg Dive with Captain Hooks in Key West. What a fantastic experience. Staff was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
V9617YZjustina
Best dive training.

I did my open water course with henry and it was incredible. Great pricing but even better... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
michaeldM2589ZG

Recommended experiences in and around Key West
from US$49.81
from US$45.95
from US$89.95
from US$96.75
More Info
All reviews captain wayne two tank rental gear open water refresher course great diving experience these guys lobster uss vandenberg beautiful reefs great group learn how lion fish goliath grouper great boat instructor dove
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

My Wife and I are passionate scuba divers, so we had to go for a dive at our short 2-day stop at Key West. We decided to keep it easy and booked the Key West Inner Reef Trip with Captain Hook’s Dive Key West. The booked package covered two dives and rental gear.

We showed up about 1.5h hours early to give it enough time to select the gear and to familiarize with the crew. Well, they are all awesome. ROB and CONNIE welcomed use and guided us through the whole check-in procedure. They made sure that the few pieces of gear we brought and their rental equipment would match and all fits well. The first few discussions about suits, weights and buoyancy check made clear that ROB and CONNIE are real pros and really take care of their clients. I am a scuba instructor myself and know exactly how a Dive Master and their Assistant shall prepare the fellow divers for the dive. They did a great job.

CHARLES, one of Captain Hook’s support staff, helped to get all the stuff to the students. The tanks got name tags, they provided bags - again tagged - for all equipment that is not connected to the tank and name-tagged weight belts. That reduces the stress level of less experienced divers significantly. I could tell, that their utmost target is to make that a fun experience for any client. CHARLES was also helpful with a little out of the norm request: I needed an adapter from the DIN to the US system to be able to use my own regulators. No problem for Captain Hook’s team.

And the rest of the service: They crew packed all the duffle bags, tanks, weights onto their pickup, drove us to the harbor and loaded everything onto the boat. Perfect service. During the ride form the dive shop to the boat ROB explained the dive site and the procedure. As soon as we got in board we were treated by Captain Zack. He did a great briefing what to do and not to do aboard the ship including all necessary safety instructions.

ROB’s briefing was awesome and CONNIE helped everyone to be ready. ROB made sure that safety is covered, entry and exit procedure, communication, what to expect during the dive, buddy check

The dives were awesome: Two beautiful reef dives at two different spots and ROB made sure that everyone could enjoy the beauty of the reef, the differently corals, weeds and fish. We saw sharks, groupers, barracudas and mainly more smaller fish.

We will come back for more. Diving with this crew is not just fun, it is safe and super relaxed. Great team, a lot of fun and an extraordinary event. Thanks to CONNIE, ZACK, CHARLES and ROB!!

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank 634wernerh
Reviewed 9 May 2021

I Live in Ft. Lauderdale, I Decided to drive past Key Largo and make the trip to Key West for a MORE Caribbean Dive Experience...
I called a number of Dive Shops in Key West.
I chose DIVE KEY WEST (AKA) CAPTIAN HOOK'S.
With a Clan of 5 Divers and Rental Gear we had an AWESOME Experience!
ROB, CONNIE & Capt. ZACK provided a 2 Tank Inner Reef Dive Experience that IS Certainly at the Top of My List!!!
Back at the Shop HENRY & CHARLSE made the Booking and Gear Rental a Breeze!
SO, Like is said, If you want a More Caribbean Dive Experience Head Down to CAPTIAN HOOK's DIVE KEY WEST SCUBA CENTER And Experience a Professional Staff that Provides Customer Service!

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 7 May 2021

I completed my PADI Open Water Diver course with Capt. Hook’s this past April and would absolutely recommend them and their services to divers, snorkelers, ocean appreciators, and literally any other existing humans alike. Capt. Hook’s friendly and diligent staff welcomed us into their dive shop and made certain we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Henry (our diving instructor) was outstanding. The beautiful, albeit strange, experience of breathing underwater was only enlivened by Henry’s teaching and care. His knowledge, experience, humor, and cognitive empathy made for a fun, unforgettable, and practical experience. Henry, along with captain Will and first mate Val (who were also amazing), took us out to Looe Key for one of our first open water dives, where we saw a spotted eagle ray, sea turtle, nurse shark, Caribbean reef shark, and juvenile sharpnose puffer (an exceptionally adorable visual treat), among many other biological and geological constituents/features (naturally, we saw all of these on Earth Day!)

The kindness and patience shown to us by Henry and the staff at Capt. Hook’s, combined with their mindfulness for conservation and love of marine life, made for an absolutely amazing experience. I’ve nothing but good things to say about Capt. Hook’s.

Reviewed 29 April 2021

I took the PADI Open Water SCUBA certification course and completed my dive training with Henry. He is the most efficient and compassionate dive instructor on the island! Henry offered to answer any questions I had (and I had many) leading up to/after the course was completed. He made sure that everyone fully understood all of the training and skills we learned and felt comfortable using them. His level of enthusiasm, love for the ocean, and sense of humor enhanced my experience beyond words. Captain Will and first mate Val took us out to Looe Key to dive the reef. (It is the 3rd largest in the world!) They ensured everyone’s safety, provided knowledge, and entertainment. This crew had us cracking up. They truly took pride in showing us outstanding hospitality and a great time. During the dive, Henry pointed out a spotted eagle ray, a Caribbean reef shark, a few nurse sharks, and a sea turtle!!! It was the most AMAZING experience and I highly recommend it!!! I will definitely be diving with this crew again!!

Reviewed 29 April 2021

FFrom the first contact on line and by phone, the staff at Captain Hook’s Dive Key West are all about… “You’re on vacation, let us take care of you.” Once you’ve assembled your gear at the dive center, they check it, transport it, load it on the boat, help you suit up, carry it off the boat and transport it back to the dive center if that’s what you want. Clean, COVID conscious cleaning and drying stations round out the dive center for you to clean your gear at the end of the dives.
Max and Charles offer a complete retail line of SCUBAPRO regs, BCDs, computers and other great brands in the dive shop. They have a certified repair facility onsite to bring your gear into factory specs. In addition, to a full line of SCUBA instruction, a Nitrox and air fill station round out the dive center.
The moment you are welcomed onto the Easy Diver charter boat, Captain Ric and Captain Zack make you feel like the owner.
Sam, Rob and Henry are consummate professionals who care about your experience. They plan and brief the dives, then dive the plan. From safe entry, spotting and enjoying all of the marine reef life and wreck highlights, to safely recovering you on the boat, they do it right.
The Captain Hook Dive Key West staff and Dive Professionals are top notch, always taking care of you and providing a safe planned experience. I personally dived several reefs, the Cayman Salvage Master and the Vandenberg over several days. I had a great time and will return.
phil b