Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Key west diving

Brought my son down after his graduation for some SCUBA lessons. Henry Rose, our dive master, was... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Discover24443036658
Key West, Florida
via mobile
Great PADI Certification Class

We did an advanced open water PADI certification class here. Henry was an awesome instructor, and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$45.95
from US$79.95
from US$96.75
More Info
All reviews captain wayne two tank rental gear open water refresher course great diving experience these guys lobster uss vandenberg beautiful reefs great group learn how lion fish goliath grouper great boat instructor dove
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing experience as always with Henry, Sam, and the crew. Watching the other dive operators who were around us on the Vandenberg, just drove home the fact that Captain Hook’s is the safest, most professional staff working in the Keys. Great job team. We will see you again. 5 stars.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I went diving with Dive Key West to the Vandenberg Ship Wreck. We had such an amazing time with these guys. Every one of the staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful! They have a great boat set up and have lines set out that make it very easy to access the wreck. We went with our dive guide, Henry who was very attentive and always made sure everyone was safe and comfortable. He also took some great photos for us and sent them to us as soon as the trip ended! Our boat captain, Zack did a great job getting us in and out despite having slightly rough conditions and was very friendly! There was another instructor on board, Sam who was also great! They did everything for us and helped everyone with their gear. My husband rented gear from them, and it was brand new and very high quality, which you typically don’t get with rentals! The whole trip from booking to finish ran very smoothly, and the trip was very laid back which we really appreciated! Overall, we had a great experience and I highly Recommend this dive shop!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A group of us dove with Sam, Henry & Robert for 6 dives middle of May 2021. Sam did a Great Job of going out of his way making sure that we had a good time and good dives.
The Diving was very good. Allot of things to see. The Vandenberg was a very good dive, after our surface interval we went and did a drift dive and there were about 40 Barracudas' every different size you wanted. Don't know were they all came from in 1 hour. We also did a dusk and night dive which was Fantastic allot of animals, including a baby Squid.
Only drawback is Surface interval on the outer reef was very short!
If your planning on diving Key West, I would suggest calling Captain Hook's and Request Sam.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked 5 dives over 3-days with Captain Hook’s Key West (formerly known as Dive Key West) during my mini dive vacation in early May. Everyone I interacted with from the shop (Max & Charles) to the dive masters (Sam, Rob, Henry) and the boat captains (Rick and one other one) were wonderful and made my dive trip a great return to scuba after not diving in 2020.

They were friendly, very knowledgeable, and helpful group, who are running a first-class experience for divers.

Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

My Wife and I are passionate scuba divers, so we had to go for a dive at our short 2-day stop at Key West. We decided to keep it easy and booked the Key West Inner Reef Trip with Captain Hook’s Dive Key West. The booked package covered two dives and rental gear.

We showed up about 1.5h hours early to give it enough time to select the gear and to familiarize with the crew. Well, they are all awesome. ROB and CONNIE welcomed use and guided us through the whole check-in procedure. They made sure that the few pieces of gear we brought and their rental equipment would match and all fits well. The first few discussions about suits, weights and buoyancy check made clear that ROB and CONNIE are real pros and really take care of their clients. I am a scuba instructor myself and know exactly how a Dive Master and their Assistant shall prepare the fellow divers for the dive. They did a great job.

CHARLES, one of Captain Hook’s support staff, helped to get all the stuff to the students. The tanks got name tags, they provided bags - again tagged - for all equipment that is not connected to the tank and name-tagged weight belts. That reduces the stress level of less experienced divers significantly. I could tell, that their utmost target is to make that a fun experience for any client. CHARLES was also helpful with a little out of the norm request: I needed an adapter from the DIN to the US system to be able to use my own regulators. No problem for Captain Hook’s team.

And the rest of the service: They crew packed all the duffle bags, tanks, weights onto their pickup, drove us to the harbor and loaded everything onto the boat. Perfect service. During the ride form the dive shop to the boat ROB explained the dive site and the procedure. As soon as we got in board we were treated by Captain Zack. He did a great briefing what to do and not to do aboard the ship including all necessary safety instructions.

ROB’s briefing was awesome and CONNIE helped everyone to be ready. ROB made sure that safety is covered, entry and exit procedure, communication, what to expect during the dive, buddy check

The dives were awesome: Two beautiful reef dives at two different spots and ROB made sure that everyone could enjoy the beauty of the reef, the differently corals, weeds and fish. We saw sharks, groupers, barracudas and mainly more smaller fish.

We will come back for more. Diving with this crew is not just fun, it is safe and super relaxed. Great team, a lot of fun and an extraordinary event. Thanks to CONNIE, ZACK, CHARLES and ROB!!

1  Thank 634wernerh