“All solo travelers: this is a wonderful, delightful Inn...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Spent a few days in Key West in August - with some angst over the decision to travel on my own. The popular house is WONDERFUL and my angst evaporated amidst the palms in minutes once I arrived. I had a wonderful, wonderful time - the staff is warm, inviting and funny right from the start when as a Type A Manhattanite my cell phone rang and they tried to confiscate my blackberry (I had to convince them it was a personal call not work) :-). Highly recommend The Popular House, truly wonderful people in a truly warm and inviting environment with a lot of character... will stay again at some point I'm sure... P.S. - the recommended Danger Tours for a water adventure and Danger was just terrific. A half day of boating, kayaking and snorkeling (my first time) with 9 new friends!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 September 2010

What a great B&B! The room was so nice, also very clean. Breakfast was awesome. The location is perfect. Can't rate it enough.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

We sort of knew this would be a great stay due to reading all of the reviews on all of the other Inns in KW and comparing them to the reviews written on this one. No one had anything to say that could sway us from staying here. I have to say "ditto" to all the excellent reviews. Every morning, there was a wonderful spread of fruits, bagels, wheat bread, and homemade goodies to eat. The coffee was SOOO yummy! and you could use the juicer for fresh squeezed OJ. That and the home made bread and coffee was what really made it for me. Our bed was sooo comfy. The guests were all very quiet and considerate. The owner and staff were wonderful just like all of the reviews mention. Location is great! If you are on the fence about staying here, I hope this review helps. You will not be disapointed. We are very picky and we will not stay anywhere else! They even keep a log of all thier repeat guests, with pictures and all! They really care that much! Also, they know they're rated #1 on Trip advisor, yet they still asked if there is anything they can do better, or if we think the room has any issues that need adressing etc. How cool is that?

1  Thank BWPhotoGirl
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Just returned from the Popular House. My husband & I celebrated our 30th Anniv. Aug. 10th. We stayed from the 7 -13th. Upon our arrival to the house we received a very warm welcome from Tippi. She gave us a tour of the kitchen, and common areas including the plunge pool (with cool water) which is a must to sink into after a hot day tooling around town. It was very clean! No limit on the number of white towels to dry off with. They also have a dry sauna, but since it is august, we didn't need to use it.

Our room was larger than we thought, the bed was very comfortable. My husband had recent back surgery, and this bed was more comfortable than ours at home. We had a first floor room across from the front desk. Although you could hear people checking in, it was never annoying to us, and the rooms are generally very quiet and charming.

The bathroom was spotless, everything was cleaned and straightened to perfection daily. Everyone here was friendly, and more than willing to help with any need. No request was left unfulfilled. Never had to call a taxi, that was done at the mere mention of the need. Five 6's was what we used and liked. Although we only used it on one trip, and to the airport. Otherwise, we walked everywhere, and this location was great for that. 3 blocks to Duval, and only a couple to the Pier.

There is no TV, and we found that to be refreshing. There is music on the first floor that is very tasteful and diverse. The common areas are not air conditioned, but your room and kitchen are.

Breakfast was loaded with fresh fruit, bagels, wheat bread, 2 different jams, a daily baked quiche or banana bread, or both, cold cereal, fresh squeezed orange juice (self serve). We never walked away hungry. There are plenty of areas to eat and not be disturbed by others, if your looking for some quiet time together.

Best places to eat that we found and were reasonably priced....Roof Top Cafe on Front St. their Cuban pulled pork sliders are to die for, also my husband had the Portebella and Brie Pannini, big sandwich but he finished it! Great service too. We actually went there 2 times.

El Meson de Pepe in Mallory square had the #1 Mojito's. Great Cuban bread, and we ate here twice as well. Watch the tipping, the gratuity is included on the bill, I believe it was 19%. The live music outdoors changed daily and was always top notch, blues, and salsa for the 2 visits we were there. Great place to dance.

We happened upon a pizza place called Upper Crust at 611 Duval. We each had a large slice of pizza and a beer each for $14.00 total, no tipping necessary.

Be sure to get a slice of Key Lime Pie at the Blond Giraffe, there are 5 locations, so you'll run into one. I think I had a slice each day.

The Green Parrot Bar is a local hang out with great drink prices, compared to any place we visited. Check their schedule for Bingo night. Can't remember what night it was, but the money goes to charity.

Ate at Sloppy Joe's and I had a nauseous stomach the entire next day. My husband did not have the sloppy joe mix added to his food and was fine. By 10:00pm the next day I was feeling much much better, so I'd have to say, avoid the famous sloppy joe. Enjoy a cold beer instead.

Feel free to email us with any questions about our stay at The Popular House. And if you go tell Goo, Jodie's little dog, that I miss him.

1  Thank whiskerwatcher
Reviewed 12 August 2010

walking distance to everything : marina,water sports, resturants, bars, tours and shops