“It's not closed...”
Review of Conch Shop - CLOSED

Conch Shop
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 10 December 2014

It may be under new ownership/management, but it is not closed.

The menu is written out, but that doesn't mean what is written is available. He's out of a lot of stuff -- including the beers on tap. But when you finally narrow it down you'll find that you love what you do get.

Seems as if this place is mostly patronized by locals. And that says something. They've a lot to choose from and the time to try it all. If they're coming here then there's a reason.

Tip: skip the ketchup, sriracha and regular conch fritter sauce. Try the house made mango habanero sauce. It is not too spicy but the flavor is sublime. I'll be back.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed in Key West for 4 weeks in January and stayed a couple blocks form the conch shop so we walked by there on almost a daily basis. It was never open for any of the weeks we were there. It had a menu on the outside and looked in good repair. However, never a sign about when they might be open.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Bahama village has such a fun charm about it already but what a gem of a eats stop is the Conch Shop. Sunday's are always packed on Petronius St and with a 1.5 hour wait at both Blue Heaven and the French Crepe place, my tummy was frustrated. Boy, did Rita ever fix us up. I had the "Nasty Burger - amazingly yummy and packed with goodness. I sub'd fries for slaw. My companion chose the Comch ceviche- an excellent mix of fresh tasting conch, veggies and spices. He asked for extra spice and as his eyes watered from the cool but spicy dish, he managed to utter the words "can I have another".
I won't miss this place ever again

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Shorty and Josepha only open the shop when they catch enough conch that morning, so its a catch as catch can as far as eating there, but the food is so good I don't mind. Josepha is very sweet. The place is a simple and down home. The conch fritters are the best. The collards are quite good as well. Haven't tried the nasty burger because I'm too hooked on the conch. They only have about three tables and if you want a beer with your meal, you have to go to the bodega on the corner. Also, the menu changes daily according to what they have available. It's like going to a good friend's house for lunch and they make whatever they happen to have in the refrigerator.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Seriously... what are their hours?? Thought they opened at 12. They didn't. Went by later in case they were running late. They still weren't open. Had to ask a local what their deal was and they told me they kinda do their own thing. Such a shame. Especially since 1. Key west has a lot of tourists who don't know which restaurants "do their own thing" and 2. They are right across from Blue Heaven. When all else fails, they get their business lol. Maybe they should post something on the building? I'm sure others have had this issue. I am giving them an average review to light some fire under their behinds. Hopefully they will do better and I can actually go next time I visit.